We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Moving on to a VPS Server, any advice? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Jul 13 '13
I think I must move on. But I am afraid of losing data. I have seen many people lose almost everything moving from one host to the other. I need advice and the best hosting company.

Also the package. Most of these VPS companies have different packages, but when you contact them, they always insist on you taking the expensive ones. Can't I start with the smallest level and upgrade as activities on the site increase?
Please I need your advice.
Thanks
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 13 '13
I would suggest moving to a vps with Arvixe. They have 24hr customer service available which means you can call them anytime. I am also a liaison for them so if you contact me before making the move i can assign a manager to you to make sure everything gets sent over perfectly. As far as price goes the Vps starts at 49.99 a month and offers cpannel and all the good stuff. Including softaculos and that makes installing new copies of oxwall a breeze!
Abbey
Abbey Jul 13 '13
As a previous customer of Arvixe I wouldn't recommend them, I'm with hostgator now, they offer more plans and actually listen without trying to sell you the expensive packages, also their plans grow with you and they have many choices to suit your needs.

I Moved from Arvixe to Hostgator without losing data and I'm most happy with their service and their team.
They did all the work for me and it was free.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jul 13 '13
Host gator has a greater down time. Arvixe sales department will try and get you to upgrade when you have a shared hosting plun and you run a chat site Abbey. Its bad for the rest of the people sharing the server with you! 
Abbey
Abbey Jul 14 '13
can't say I've had issues with downtime.

This is just my opinion based on my experience, If your experience with Arvixe is different kudos to you.....
Pete
Pete Jul 14 '13

Hi Kumi

I would advice you to check out this website ,you will get all the  advice you need from hosting ,vip ,and webservers ,etc,etc, it is the best website on the web for advice ,etc.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 14 '13
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Jul 14 '13
Thanks to everybody