We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Relocate Widgets | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Chris
Chris Jul 17 '13
I have a widget that is available only on the user dashboard. How can I make the same widget available on the index page as well?
ross Team
ross Jul 17 '13
Ebenezer, great finding +1
Unus
Unus Mar 22 '16

Quote from ross Ebenezer, great finding +1
what does this mean?...

@Chris, or the other way around, from index to dashboard, or from index to any new custom/empty page I can easily create it seems as admin.

ross Team
ross Mar 22 '16
To move a widget from index/dashboard to a custom created page is considered as a code modification, you'll need to do that on your own or hire a programmer. 

As to the "great finding" messages, seems like a user deleted his "findings" 

Unus
Unus Mar 22 '16
Ross, so there's nothing else from oxwall team I can get here?

that is not right. 

in this section it is said that oxwall team will provide pointers in the right direction and clarifications in understanding the architecture of the system 

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6082

The Forum post is edited by Unus Mar 22 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 23 '16
The thing you want to implement is called cms (to use current widgets on the custom pages or fill custom pages with the widgets), this is very complicated thing not only to do but even to explain. Please do not duplicate your posts.  http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/9897
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 23 '16
Unus
Unus Mar 23 '16
Dude you are evading my question and are condescending which to me it is unacceptable.

This is getting tiring and it doesn't look like a real community what you are maintaining here. This is my last attempt so please be careful what you are answering.

Please explain how can I modify the plugin skeleton to show on a new page. I do not need code but explanations what are the steps to be followed to accomplish this.

Thank you

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Jul 12 '16
Your solution lies here http://www.eobasi.com/...ofile-or-index.html/

As to the initial finding, I lost my other account which was why the post no longer exist.

The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi May 8 '18
Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 12 '16
^^ This man right here deserves a lot of respect. He is one of the best devs around!

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 23 '17

Quote from Ryan P ^^ This man right here deserves a lot of respect. He is one of the best devs around!

Thanks for the big up, bro :)
Edward D. Clemmer
Edward D. Clemmer Apr 7 '21

Procedure

• Tap and hold the widget to be resized/moved until the phone vibrates once.
  • Release the widget. ...
  • To resize, tap and hold one of the white circles and drag it to the size you want.
  • To move, tap and hold the outlined widget and then slide your finger to move the widget to where you want it to be displayed.

The Forum post is edited by Edward D. Clemmer Apr 7 '21
AppXprt
AppXprt Apr 7 '21
Wow is this AI Spam?