We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

WHY IS IT SO FREAKING HARD TO FIND A PROPER OXWALL DEVELOPER | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
meno
meno Jul 22 '13
I'm gonna start with, I regret dealing with oxwall, I should have dealt with another open source platform like wordpress or what ever..

Since April, i was looking for an Oxwall developer to make me 3 plugins that i really want,

Youtube video plugin, that enables users to upload to my site and the video goes to youtube.

@mention plugin, and i already have the code for it, but i'm not a developer to integrate it with oxwall alien coding!

and the third is like the first, but only for soundcloud.com, when users upload songs it goes to soundcloud!

That's it! and i've been suffering for the last three months with a developer that i found on freelancer, and up until now he has only done 1% of the work, and after the payment i sent him, he disappeared.

All developers suggested by oxwall are expensive, I thought that the idea of oxwall is to have a free platform with affordable costs, but obviously, that not the deal people, i think you tend to monopolize plugin development to your selves, so you could charge more when someone needs to develop something new. That's my conclusion after struggling for months looking for a proper affordable developer.
I will not stop working on oxwall as i spent much time and more than 100$ worth of plugins on it, but don't expect me to recommend it or build something else on it, as it isn't what its advertised to be.
ross Team
ross Jul 22 '13
Meno, Jamie's right. Good developer costs good money and why do you pay first before the work was done. Just find a developer with a good feedback from other Oxwall clients