We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

anti brute force plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ian Haney
Ian Haney Jul 23 '13
Hi

I just been told that the anti brute force plugin was preventing a new user from joining, it kept saying the system has blocked their ip address so I have deactivated it but is there a way to activate it but not prevent new users from signing up or is the anti brute plugin not needed

Kind regards

Ian

Abbey
Abbey Jul 23 '13
I wouldn't bother with it personally
Ian Haney
Ian Haney Jul 23 '13
Ok cool thank you for the reply Abbey, I'll leave it deactivated

I am hoping someone can make a plugin I am looking for at some point

you know on Facebook, you have the option of turning the live chat on or off, be good if someone could make a plugin that does that for the live chat that comes with oxwall

Abbey
Abbey Jul 23 '13
yeah... I have cometchat, it's like facebook chat... if you want to look at it it's at www.cometchat.com they have an oxwall integration
Ian Haney
Ian Haney Jul 24 '13
Looks perfect that one

I am guessing the chat on that page is using it as I was able to make the chat offline or on line or invisible etc

If so if perfect, only downside is I dont have $49 to spare at the mo until I get some payments in

ross Team
ross Jul 24 '13
Moreover, $49 is not for month it is per session (one connection of any member to the service)
Ian Haney
Ian Haney Jul 24 '13
Oh is it, it says $49 one off fee
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '13
Oh, sorry Ian, I confused with another chat solution, sorry
Ian Haney
Ian Haney Jul 24 '13
that's cool no probs, scared me then lol, sod paying $49 each time
Abbey
Abbey Jul 24 '13
yeah it's a one off, you get full support for a year as well... I love it....
Ian Haney
Ian Haney Jul 24 '13
Cool, as soon as I get enough for it, I will get it, is it easy to integrate into oxwall