We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cannot insert TAG in video embed using 2 letters | Forum

Angel
Angel Jul 24 '13
Please help..

It seems I cannot tag a video with only 2 letters..

This is important because many artists have 2 letters as their name >.<

Is it possible to fix it?

The Forum post is edited by Angel Jul 24 '13
Angel
Angel Jul 24 '13
UPDATE: I have found a temporary solution... it's as simple as adding space(s) in the tag box.

so if I type: IA,     <-- it won't let me enter the "IA" tag

but if I type: IA(space)  <--it will let me enter "IA" tag

Alia Team
Alia Jul 29 '13
Angel, this is how Oxwall works, you can't insert less then 3 symbols into tags.
Tag is added only after third symbols is added.

You can change this, but only via custom code modifications.
Angel
Angel Jul 29 '13
Aliia, may I know where to change the code?

I'm guessing it's going to be as easy as changing a value from 2 to 3 right? >.<

Thank you...

Alia Team
Alia Jul 30 '13
Angel, /ow_core/form_element.php.
Code you are looking for is:

$js = "
$('#" . $this->getId() . "').tagsInput({".( $this->jsRegexp ? "'regexp':".$this->jsRegexp."," : '' )."'pseudoDelimiter':".  json_encode($this->delimiterChars).", 'height':'auto', 'width':'auto', 'interactive':true, 'defaultText':'".$this->invLabel."', 'removeWithBackspace':true, 'minChars':3, 'maxChars':0, 'placeholderColor':'#666666'});

Note that you are doing custom code modifications at your own risk. So don't change anything if you are not sure what you are doing.

All changes will be erased if you update the software. Always keep track of what and where you are changing, so that you can add changes after software update.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 30 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Angel
Angel Jul 30 '13
Many many thanks Aliia!!! I've changed that and it worked!, now I don't have to remind everyone to add spaces if they want to use 2 letters tag!

Thank you so much! ♥

Alia Team
Alia Jul 31 '13
Welcome ))