We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Editable Email Address and Passwords | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Aarron
Aarron Jul 24 '13
Is there a way for the members of the site to edit their own passwords and change them on a regular basis which is good for their own security, as I have tried to activate this feature in the Admin section and it won't let me.

Also is there a way to switch off the function for members to edit their own email address as I am having a lot of rebounded mail from members who sign up with a genuine email address then change it to an bogus one, as again the Admin section will not allow me to do this.

Thank you in advance.
Abbey
Abbey Jul 24 '13
yeah sucks not being able to untick certain boxes
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '13
Aarron, your members can go to their profiles, click on "Edit my profile" and then "Change my password" . You can't change their passwords as an admin. The only thing you can do is mass mail to your members a notification to change their passwords. 

As to change their e-mail after registration, you can delete e-mail profile question from the "edit my profile" page in the admin area> profile questions section

Abbey
Abbey Jul 25 '13
you can't delete it..... there's several like this....

Plus I'd like to point out the obvious here but if people change their email they can't log onto the site till they verify it... as it can't be verified then obviously they don't want back in.... seems a bit dumb to make it invalid imo
The Forum post is edited by Abbey Jul 25 '13
ross Team
ross Jul 25 '13
I mean, you'll be able not to set it to the edit profile page
Abbey
Abbey Jul 25 '13
Nope.... not possible
dave Leader
dave Jul 25 '13

I agree Abbey, this needs to be editable and not hard coded as checked for the email

On Profile Edit
The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 25 '13
Aarron
Aarron Aug 9 '13
Thank you to everyone who commented, so can we expect Oxwall to address this problem and many others in their next update?
ross Team
ross Aug 9 '13
We'll see guys. Make a suggestion, who knows, probably our management will give it a go.