We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Real time Notifications | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Aladin
Aladin May 21 '11
please help me, I can't to configurations Activity notifications plugin. how install step by step on my site, and configuration?
Michael Leader
Michael May 21 '11
Are you saying you have a working oxwall site but email notifications of activity isn't working? There aren't really any setting in the plugin just the hour and day of the week to send notifications at if the user selects that in their dashboard.

Aladin
Aladin Jun 3 '11
I am sorry in my site not working....
Michelle
Michelle May 24 '12
So Michael. I have the notifications plugin. They are not working. I have set up a couple dummy users to test and the notification is not working. Do you know how to change this?
Mark
Mark May 24 '12
are they set to instant notification in the individual users dashboard?

i.e. user logs in then goes to >  dashboard > email notifications > set to instant notification

Michelle
Michelle May 28 '12
Yes, the test account I set up, in the user dashboard, email notifications, it is set to "immediately" and all the other boxes are checked. @Mark, do you have any further recommendations. Please help. Thanks!
Mark
Mark May 29 '12
is cron setup correctly and running ever 1 minute?

also do you receive registration emails and any messages sent through the mass mailer in admin?

could be that you host does not allow php scripts to send out emails, you could try contacting your host also

The Forum post is edited by Mark May 29 '12
Michelle
Michelle May 29 '12
@Mark Ah ha, it might be the hosting. On our hosting site it says we have oxwall 3.2, but when we are on our site the platform says 2.61.How can we change this?

Michelle
Michelle May 29 '12
Or could this be the problem?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Michelle:

Is your email setting work? Do you use SMTP? Have you tested sending test mails and do you receive them?
Michael I.
Michael I. May 29 '12
Michelle, so you did not install the Oxwall by yourself? Was it pre-installed? If so, you might want to ask your hosting company to make sure you have the latest build of Oxwall.
Mark
Mark May 30 '12
if in the admin and in debug/dev mode it shows its still version 2.6.1 then something is wrong.

when did you last update it?

Michelle
Michelle May 30 '12
Yes, I installed it myself. I have BlueHosting as my hosting service. Do you have any other recommendations? I need this fixed very bad. Please help. Thanks so much!
Rhianna Louise
Rhianna Louise May 30 '12
Michelle, I have hosting through Bluehost also. You can go to your cPanel then search cron jobs under the advance tab. Once your in cron, change common settings to "every minute". Next, go to command then paste this, "wget http://www.yoursite.com/ow_cron/run.php" (change 'yoursite.com' to your domain) click Add new cron job and your done.

Just a question to oxWall team though, so with this, instant chat, member's online status are working. But for email notifications, my mailbox on the website doesn't get any emails though I see them once I go to my registered email address, ie Gmail.

The Forum post is edited by Rhianna Louise May 30 '12
Rhianna Louise
Rhianna Louise May 30 '12
Ooops. I guess that mailbox is not for instant notifications.
Michelle
Michelle Jun 3 '12
@Rhianna, I did this and the notifications are still not working. 

@Mark, do you have any other suggestions? How can I have someone look at this for me?

Michelle
Michelle Jun 4 '12
can anyone help? I posted a job at the marketplace about this. It seems like a quick fix but I am not a technical person. I am willing to pay a few dollars if someone can fix this, thanks!
Michelle
Michelle Jun 5 '12

Quote from Mark if in the admin and in debug/dev mode it shows its still version 2.6.1 then something is wrong.

when did you last update it?

Mark do you know how to upgrade the platform to the new Oxwall without changing anything?
Joseph
Joseph Jun 5 '12
I can attempt the upgrade for you but I would suggest backing up all your files before we do
Controversy
Controversy Jun 6 '12
I have set up a cron job. Seems to be working properly. We are able to receive friend request notifications and private messages. I can not receive any notifications for comments on statuses or new posts. How can I fix that?
Pages: 1 2 »