We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Profile Question | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kuba
Kuba Jul 26 '13
Hi :)

I have question about...profile questions :)
When I`m making a profile question (while registering) in example: 

What is Your gender? MALE / FEMALE

and when User is already registered (MALE) and when he wants to search for FEMALE he goes to "SEARCH" and there is the same guestion...What is Your gender...I understand that I can use different question like (Gender? male / female )...problem solved...but in different types of question...big problems

So my question is, is it possible to make different questions in profile question and on search form so they could "cooperate" with each other...

Profile Question: What is Your Gender? Male

Search form: Who are You looking for? Female

I hope that You understand what is my problem :P 

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jul 26 '13
please could you explain more about your problem 
ross Team
ross Jul 26 '13
what do you mean by cooperate?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Jul 26 '13
he means co-operate or talking to each other i think 
The Forum post is edited by Kieron H Jul 26 '13
Kuba
Kuba Jul 26 '13
ahh no no sorry :) 
by cooperate I mean: when You create profile question it is directly connected with search form. So when You create profile question in ex. "Who are You? : I`m a man / I`m a woman"
In Search form will be the same question..."Who are You? : I`m a man / I`m a woman"...and I want to make like this: profile question "Who are You? : I`m a man / I`m a woman" and so in search form the question should be..."Who are You looking for? Man or Woman?

Kuba
Kuba Jul 26 '13
so these two question should be connected/cooperate, but the description in question profile and in search form must be different
ross Team
ross Jul 26 '13
This will be a custom code modification
Kuba
Kuba Jul 26 '13
thought so...ok thanks anyway :) 
ross Team
ross Jul 28 '13
no problem