We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The same mail several time - Generate spam - MessagePlus | Forum

Yannick
Yannick Aug 5 '13
Hi,

I just got the plugin, i used this for 2 days and i generated 500 same mail to ALL my users. The plugin has problem and doesn't work. Is it possible to fixe the problem? i restore the old backup right now to stop generating same message. i have recent data in a backup with that problem, so please in with table do we have message to clean it and get restore my actual data.

I joins one page off the problem from e-mail account.
The Forum post is edited by Yannick Aug 5 '13
Attachments:
  message plus.png (116.58Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
If your emails are sent repeated, it means that you cron is not working fine. The emails from database should be cleared automatically, if your cron is running.

If not, then there is some other problem with your site cron. The plugin just hooks to the Oxwall email queue and does not send message by itself.

PS: You can disable the email notification from the admin settings too.

Yannick
Yannick Aug 5 '13
Ok i will check my cron configuration but i want to let know that from classic massif send mail i don't have that problem. the problem just start after sending mail from the plugin. but generaly the idea of plugin is good and it's what i need and if we can give privilege that: a user from a group can see only to his group a massif message or additionnally added group added to him that will be ok too.
The Forum post is edited by Yannick Aug 9 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you confirm if your cron runs good?
Yannick
Yannick Aug 9 '13
How can i test it to give you the layout here to be sure that every thing is ok with the cron?
Yannick
Yannick Aug 9 '13
http://www.MySiteWeb/ow_cron/run.php i have a blank page and the cron configuration is
which php
/usr/local/bin/php

which wget
/usr/bin/wget

I have test those 2 configurations

/usr/bin/wget -q -O /dev/null http://www.MySiteWeb/ow_cron/run.php

wget -q -O /dev/null
http://www.MySiteWeb/ow_cron/run.php
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Then it looks good for cron.
Yannick
Yannick Aug 27 '13
I thing that the problem is when u attach a file.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I could not understand.. sorry
Yannick
Yannick Aug 28 '13
Sorry for my english i'm a french speaker. I thing that problem is not with the plugin, but with the number of character when u send massive mail. From 900 words the problem start.
The Forum post is edited by Yannick Aug 28 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
D'accord. Vous pensez que le nombre de mots est le problem?
Yannick
Yannick Aug 29 '13
oohh c est mieux ainsi :).
Je pense qu'il y a un probleme du nombre de characteres dans le message. Des que j'envoye un message audela de 900 characteres j'ai apres le meme message qui est envoye en boucle chaque 5 minutes environ. Depuis la derniere fois j ai desinstalle le plugin  Mesageplus, j ai envoye un mail via mass mailing le meme phenome se reproduit, pour un debut j ai supprime les messages de la table OW_base_mail pour resoudre temporaire le probleme. Pour les cours messages tout fonctionne a merveille. Je ne sais si d'autres personnes ont rencontre un problème similaire.
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic