We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Where can I changes that text where it start with "Welcome to our new site!"??[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Henrik S-Rasmussen
Henrik S-Rasmussen Aug 12 '13

Hi everyone

I can not find anywhere in language settings where I can changes that text where it start with "Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community!" and when you are login where is another text I also can not find where to changes "Welcome to our site! Here are a few quick links that you need to start your way around:

·         Change avatar

·         Change profile details

·         Preview/rearrange my profile

·         Look who's in

Feel free to participate in our community!"

Are there anyone know how to changes the text???

Yours Sincerely

Henrik S-Rasmussen 

The Forum post is edited by ross Jan 14 '14
Attachments:
  welcome.jpg (19.95Kb)
  welcome_when_login.jpg (36.2Kb)
ross Team
ross Aug 12 '13
as to this one: "Welcome to our site! Here are a few quick links that you need to start your way around:

·         Change avatar

·         Change profile details

·         Preview/rearrange my profile

·         Look who's in

Feel free to participate in our community!"

just type "welcome" in the search as the key. 

as to this one: 

Welcome to our new site! Feel free to participate in our community!

log in as an admin go the main page, click on the "customize' button, and go the settings of the Welcome widget

Henrik S-Rasmussen
Henrik S-Rasmussen Aug 12 '13
Hi Ross

Thanks man :-)

It's new for me so I didden't know where is was, but I know now thanks to you ;-)

Yours Sincerely

Henrik S-Rasmussen 

ross Team
ross Aug 12 '13
No problem
Alican
Alican Jan 6 '14
Hi Ross, How can we add 'text keys' to Welcome widget for multilanguage support?..
ross Team
ross Jan 14 '14
One question per post. Please create another post. 
Virginio Reis
Virginio Reis Jul 22 '14

Hi ross

I also have the same problem. I'm running version 1.7.0 and couldn't find the buttons / links you are refering

The Forum post is edited by Virginio Reis Jul 22 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 22 '14
log in as an admin go the index page, click on the "customize' button, and go the settings of the Welcome widget
Virginio Reis
Virginio Reis Aug 6 '14

@ross

I don't find that "customize" button you mention. I'm using OxWall rel 1.7.0

The Forum post is edited by Virginio Reis Aug 6 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 6 '14
Virginio, to find this button - you should login to your site using the main administrator account details (the site creator account) and then go to the Index page: http://www.domain.com/index.
Virginio Reis
Virginio Reis Aug 8 '14
I'm blind. Can't see the button. I attach a screen capture.
Attachments:
  Capture.PNG (332Kb)
Daisy Team
Daisy Aug 8 '14
Virginio, sorry for the misleading. 

As far as I can see from the screenshot - you want to change the text on the Dashboard page, but not on the Index page. To do so, go to Admin Area > Pages & Menus > User Dashboard, find the Welcome widget and click the Edit (wheel) icon.

Also, you can tick off the 'Allow users to customize this page' here in case you want the 'Customize this page' button to be available on the user side.

tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 8 '14
thats your dasboard you need go to /admin/user-dashboard then click the gear wheel on the widget
tammy harris
tammy harris Aug 8 '14
you faster typer them me daisy lol
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Aug 8 '14
Virginio Reis
Virginio Reis Aug 8 '14
Thanks Daisy. That was it. Still related with languages, I have a question. I translate some of the sentences in the site second language directly on the PHP file, upload it to the server, it shows ok, but a few page refreshs later the translation is gone. Does the languages have anything to do with the DataBase? Does it have to be done under the language translator?
ross Team
ross Aug 10 '14
Virginio, it would be better if you do that via Languages section in the admin panel. Can you please do that there and then click on Save this page button, in order to save your changes and clear the language cache. 
Virginio Reis
Virginio Reis Aug 11 '14

I tried it and couldn't make it correctely. Couln't find the language keys. Will try again

ross Team
ross Aug 11 '14
in order to search by keys, you need to add "dev-tools/" to your domain, it should like this www.domain.com/admin/dev-tools/languages, you'll see now a checkbox "in keys" . I recommend you to search only by one keyword, don't use too many keywords
Virginio Reis
Virginio Reis Aug 11 '14

I got the checkbox, but it does not work. neither finding the key or adding a new key.

realy don't know what to do

ross Team
ross Aug 11 '14
As I said you need to look by the keyword, one keyword .You should not input the whole key and try to find it. 

Pages: 1 2 »