We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Change limit of photos viewed under Newsfeed | Forum

Jean
Jean Aug 15 '13
Apologies if this might be a stupid question but I cant find the setting to change the amount of pictures showed under newsfeeds when a user have uploaded photos to their album.

please help

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 15 '13
please explain more about your question
Jean
Jean Aug 15 '13
Hi

many thanks for your reply

When a user uploads photos successfully, then under newsfeed it says that the user uploaded photos and then shows 5 mini versions of them. I want to decrease the 5 to 1 if possible.

Thanks a Lot

J

ross Team
ross Aug 15 '13
This will be a custom code modification
Jean
Jean Aug 15 '13
thanks ross

can yo maybe point me in the right direction. 

Jean
Jean Aug 15 '13
what file must be modified?

ross Team
ross Aug 27 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Daisy Team
Daisy Sep 5 '13
You can change it via ow_plugins/photo/controllers/upload.php file.

Search for the following condition and change the 5 value to 1.

if ( $counter == 5 )
                    {
                        $content .= '<span class="ow_remark" style="float: left; display: inline-block; padding-top: 65px"><a class="photo_view_more" href="'.$albumUrl.'"> '
                            . $lang->text('photo', 'feed_more_items', array('moreCount' => $movedCount-5)) . "</a></span>";
                        break;
                    }
Wilson
Wilson Jan 28 '14
Daisy is that for 1.6 version because I can find that code in the ow_plugins/photo/controllers/upload.php file.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jan 28 '14
Daisy Team
Daisy Feb 3 '14
Wilson, since we made a lot of changes in the latest build, now you can find the limit of the images number in /ow_plugins/newsfeed/formats/image_list.php file. The constant name is LIST_LIMIT
Wilson
Wilson Feb 4 '14
Thanks Daisy for your help. I got it working just fine!

Wilson
Markus
Markus Feb 16 '15
I have some problems somewhere .... I did like Daisy recommended .... I clean cache and nothing . 
Any suggestions what could be wrong ?

Thank you
Attachments:
  List minit.JPG (73Kb)
  newsfeed pics.JPG (145Kb)
Kelvin
Kelvin Feb 16 '15
Maybe you need to upload your 6 photos again after you modified the List_limit code.
Markus
Markus Feb 17 '15
Kelvin .... Version 1.6 doesn't required upload photos again if I uploaded more than 3 in the first place after changing list_limit number . Version 1.7.2 is not working so smooth ? I updated ,,Photo,, ,,Newsfeed,, plugins again and nothing . You can see on newsfeed screen shot some bug with {user}+  I don't know if it is language issue or different kind of issue ... I updated language pack also .