We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to install Cron on localhost | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Swapnil
Swapnil Aug 17 '13
I m trying to fix cron..but is showing me error..

and also at the time of final installation messgae comes " database could not connect"

please help me.

Josh
Josh Aug 17 '13
I had this problem at well. You need to find the proper placement of your run.php in your web folder. The location that your telling the computer is wrong and so it can't find run.php... To fix this, I simply went into my server doc root and went to run.php.. Then I found what folders it was in. For example fold1/fold2/run.php
The Forum post is edited by Josh Aug 17 '13
ross Team
ross Aug 19 '13
Here't the manual on cron configuration: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron . You can do the cron configuration, after you complete the whole installation. And as Josh said you need to find the right path to the cron run.php file. 
Swapnil
Swapnil Aug 28 '13

i tried installing in different way.

i m installing oxwall using auto installer softaculous.

installation completes successfully..but the problem is when i try to open link it shows 500 error.. why is that?

help me.

due to that i m not able to proceed

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 28 '13
have you tried going to the site using the link after installing via softaculous
Swapnil
Swapnil Aug 29 '13
kieron. i tried ..but it shows internal server error..

everytime it shows ..i installed other softwares using softaculous but in that i never found any error..

please help me..

i want to start my work as soon as possible..

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 29 '13
whats your hosting provider swaprill
Swapnil
Swapnil Aug 29 '13
tell me the problem why this is happening?
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 29 '13
pm me your host details and I can have a look for you
ross Team
ross Sep 4 '13
Swapnil, has the problem been resolved? Keep us updated