We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Members On Line | Forum

Francisco Guerreiro
Francisco Guerreiro Aug 17 '13
How to hide the page mainly members online?
ross Team
ross Aug 19 '13
Can you please, specify? I don't understand your question
Abbey
Abbey Aug 19 '13
I think he wants to hide the online members tab so people can't see who's online?
Francisco Guerreiro
Francisco Guerreiro Aug 19 '13
That's it!
Francisco Guerreiro
Sometimes the site are 3 or 4 members online and then the visitors come and think they are few and  do the not  registration
The Forum post is edited by Francisco Guerreiro Aug 19 '13
Francisco Guerreiro
So I wanted to hide the members who are online visitors do not see
Abbey
Abbey Aug 19 '13
if you don't want people to see users online change the tab to "viewable to reg members only" you do this in admin/pages/manage, or not viewable to either if that's how you want it.
I'm sure there's a css code that only hides the users online tab if that's the way you want to go.
Francisco Guerreiro
Francisco Guerreiro Aug 20 '13
Do not know how to work with CSS
Abbey
Abbey Aug 20 '13
post a question in the "custom code modifications" section
ross Team
ross Aug 26 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave Aug 30 '13

I will be happy to tell you how to remove that tab but what about the members page, do you allow guests to see the members page, if so then they can see who is online already by the online indicator next to the name.

A simpler solution IMO would be to just not allow guests to see the member link. I think you are hurting your self by having that page set to guest view.  That would be the best option for you so that you do not have to change the core code.  

Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Aug 30 '13
+1 to dave