We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Install Questions [Answered] | Forum

Jack Dawson
Jack Dawson Aug 21 '13
Took awhile but finally got oxwall installed. Installer had problems finding the database, found that if I clicked the button a second time it would work. Unable to install plugins with the installer, browser just hangs so I thought that I would install later. Then set up my cron job. So I log into oxwall as admin and notice that I have a message to set up the cron job. WTF I already did and the system says that the job is running. So any pointers? Then after checking everything out I go to install some plugins. All I get is the famous 500 error. Searching the forums gives no clues as to the problem, so here I am asking. Can anyone help? By the way I am running oxwall inhouse on a Ubuntu 12.04 machine. I have full access and do not have to FTP anything, nor do I have a hosting company.
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 19 '13
Jack Dawson
Jack Dawson Aug 22 '13
Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I will just move on to something else as I am tired of fighting software that doesn't install properly. Good luck with oxwall. I do hope that you get the install bugs worked out as it seems that you have a good start on turning oxwall into a useful piece of software.
ross Team
ross Aug 26 '13
Paul +1. 

Jack, here's Cron Configuration manual: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron you can try those commands if none of them work you'll need to find the write path to the ow_cron/run.php by yourself, as you don't have any hosting company to assist you. 

As to the 500 error, please enable debug mode to see the error and send us the screenshot of those errors