We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

so i'm testing an install to see what it's like | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Raven
Raven Sep 20 '10
so i'm testing an install to see what it's like
& since there is no real tech support forum i am forced to post here

well anyway i got the Mysql and cron jobs right bu when ppl register to test it for me they never get the verification email...

how do i fix that?
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 20 '10
what are you hosting on? Did you try adding the smtp config to the site?
Raven
Raven Sep 20 '10
hostgator and yes i did , it seams my users register but never get the email verification
http://hhncentral.com/social/
The Forum post is edited by Raven Sep 20 '10
Den Team
Den Sep 20 '10
Would you describe how did you setup cronjob for oxwall?
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 22 '10
@Addenster, If I remember correctly the user verification email was not driven by the cron job. When my cron was not configured, I was still able to send out verification emails... Unless the cron if set incorrectly, it DOES affect verification email??? Would this problem not be deeper?
Den Team
Den Sep 23 '10
Yes, it can :). Script sends verification email directly (not via cronjob), because such emails are very important for user.
You can test your cronjob by sending mass mailing, cos it sends emails via cronjob.
The Forum post is edited by Den Sep 23 '10
Raven
Raven Sep 24 '10
so how about an answer?

* * * * php (host path) / run.php
i need it sending out verifications to email's
Michael Leader
Michael Sep 24 '10
Well it looks like from Addenster's answer, thre could be something wrong with your smtp or host settings. They don't rely on cron.

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21
Den Team
Den Sep 27 '10
Yes, Michael is right. Something wrong with your mail server. Verification emails must be sent with not working cron too.