We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems Right off the Bat | Forum

Kujo
Kujo May 28 '11
Hello. Prior to installation, I looked at Elgg, Dolphin, Jcow, Beatz, and Etano. None of them came close to Oxwall. Oxwall was clean and came with all the necessary components I need to what I want to accomplish on my site. Although Dolphin was equally inviting, I didn't like the controls behind the curtain and couldn't get the settings just right. After a week of playing in the sand boxes of each demo, I chose to install Oxwall. Installation was successful, but some features seem to be missing or incomplete, and as I combed through the forum, I find different obstacles that other's had experienced. Keep in mind that my obstacles below were right out of the gate, from a fresh installation and exist in both themes.

(1.) The Customize This Page button does absolutely nothing. In reading about this same problem among fellow peers, they were instructed to disable the newsfeed. Another solution was to reinstall the software. I've done both and am still unable to use this feature.

(2.) Newsfeed has no button to submit any comments.

(3.) The Wall has no button to submit any comments. The only place where I am able to comment on a wall is under submitted links and photos. Everywhere else the wall is displayed, I am unable to comment.

(4.) Javascript links are not active. I cannot delete with popup light/red button. It doesn't work. Comment and Like links in newsfeed doesn't work. Comment in Video and Photo doesn't work either.

(5.) The About Me box has no button to submit anything.

(6.) ..... I stopped at this point.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3x's already. I also Uploaded the core update package and still, all those tiny bugs are festering the heck out of me. At this point, I am throwing in the towel. I am not a programmer, nor do I have the time, much less patience, to sit behind a computer screen and tweak this code or that code. Oxwall is perfect for what I'm looking for, but after a fresh install and seeing that the core features are lacking, I am very reluctant to direct my customer base and business to it.
Michael Leader
Michael May 30 '11
You have a problem with your site or most likely the browser.
I can honestly say that out of the box I never had any problems with an install and that was in the days of beta!

The missing buttons problem is certainly a biggie but it is linked with the browser. Oxwall are aware of this and fixing!

I have no issues and that is using any browser. I have a memebr who experiences the same as you on my site. MUST be browser issues.

Oxwall provided me with everything i needed. The rest had bits missing (didnt try dolphin)

Oxwall only lacks in being new and not much in the way of pluging development.
(I have a list of what i would love to see!!!)

Stick with Oxwall! You will be happy!
Den Team
Den Jun 17 '11
Kujo
It seems that you have ONE javascript error on your installation. that's why you can't perform any javascript actions. I suggest you to enable Firebug extension and find out the issue with JS.

By the way, please, post any bug reports in the proper section of this forum. in this case there are more chances to get proper response quicker :)
Mark
Mark Jun 25 '11
judging by the other scripts that u used it sounds like u used an auto-installer to install oxwall?

have you tried re-installing manually with a fresh copy?
Bliss
Bliss Sep 13 '11
hello please i need urgent help!!! elgg,dolphin,etano,jcow, i have tryed them but i cant control the layout as i want,and i want you to pls tell me more about oxwall.what i really want to know is that can i add a custom html or adds to oxwall? Because i always love to add a chatbar to my website.Lastly do i have to pay something for it or it's free???I will appreciate any feedback.
Regards...
The Forum post is edited by Bliss Sep 13 '11
ali
ali Apr 11 '23
В Арт Академи в София, децата могат да се научат на различни техники за рисуване, керамика, крафт с полимерна глина и много други изкуствени дейности. През последните години, училището се е утвърдило като един от най-добрите центрове за изкуство за деца в София. Една от големите предимства на Арт Академи е, че децата не само могат да се забавляват, но и да учат много полезни умения като търпение, точност и творческо мислене. Децата могат да се развиват в своите умения и да изразят своята индивидуалност. В Арт Академи има и опитни учители, които ще насочат децата и ще им помогнат да развият своя талант. Всички материали и оборудване, необходими за изкуството, са на разположение в училището. Арт Академи
Victor Patrick
Victor Patrick Jun 6 '23
Alternative Solutions: If the problems persist and cannot be resolved, you may need to explore alternative software options that meet your requirements more reliably. Research other community or social networking platforms to find one that aligns better with your needs and has positive user feedback. rankdle
Kelsey Radley
Kelsey Radley Oct 15 '23
Hi, I really need your aid right now! Dolphin, Etano, J Cow, Elgg, I've tried them, but I can't seem to get the layout the way I want. Could you please elaborate on Oxwall?My true question is: Is it possible to add custom HTML or adds to Oxwall? since I usually enjoy including a chatbar on my tunnel rush websites. 
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
Even with the most well-maintained vehicles, breakdowns can and do still happen. Manchester Onsite Truck Repair
Drew Binsky
Drew Binsky Apr 24

While Oxwall may have seemed like the perfect solution initially, it's understandable that you're feeling hesitant about directing your customer base and business to it given the core features are not functioning Drift Hunters as expected even after multiple installations and attempts to fix the issues.

The Forum post is edited by Drew Binsky Apr 24