We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Upgrade to oxwall 1.53 Fatal Error: Call to a member function getUsername() on a non-object in /ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/user_blog.php on line 245 [Answered] | Forum

Ebony Wood
Ebony Wood Aug 28 '13
After I upgraded to oxwall 1.53 from oxwall 1.52 i get this error

>>>>[28-Aug-2013 17:01:40 Africa/Nairobi] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getUsername() on a non-object in /home/........./public_html/...../ow_plugins/blogs/controllers/user_blog.php on line 245 <<<<<<<<

And yes I have plenty of server space, the cron command is working fine.  I seen a similar post like this but no resolution. So i decided to post it again

Can some one help out here?

The Forum post is edited by Alia Sep 20 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 3 '13
Happens  when you try to view the blog as a guest user right?

If yes, we are aware of the issue. Fix will be released in upcoming build.
Ebony Wood
Ebony Wood Sep 3 '13
Aliia, I am not sure how this error happens. But It does disappear and come back intermittently. That could be the reason as you specified.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 4 '13
I am 99% sure it is the same one.
Previous reports can be found here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11117

You will need to wait for the 1. 6 to be released.
There are also two temporary solutions within the link  I have pasted above.
Alia Team
UTAN
UTAN Sep 18 '13
Hi,

I started having this issue myself and my new installed site, Apache logs correctly pointed to this line in the code...

I try to patch it...  because was really important google index was getting error to access peoples blogs... so here is my fix copy paste this code:

$isOwner = false;

if( OW::getUser()->getUserObject() )
        {
            $isOwner = ( $params['user'] == OW::getUser()->getUserObject()->getUsername() );
        }
        $this->assign('isOwner', $isOwner);

Same line and document.. user_blog.php, this was important to fix because of Google indexing pages..
The Forum post is edited by UTAN Sep 18 '13