We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Images from blog into newsfeed item, currently the platform shows a black space | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Omari
Omari Aug 28 '13
Hi, can anyone direct me on how to make an image inserted in a blog post appear in the associated newsfeed item. If an image is inserted it shows up a as a large space and the text of the blog. HTML examination reveals that instead of the image it inserts a series of line breaks
Attachments:
  Newsfede problem.jpg (239.86Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 4 '13
Omari, 

How do you insert this image? as by default the newsfeed shows only the Blog post subject and blog post body without an image

Omari
Omari Sep 4 '13
you can insert images with the rich text editor toolbar in blogs. Images are inserted into the blog post body. If you insert an image before you type any text e.g. if you a writing a blog post about bikes and u insert a bike image then talk about the bike underneath; in the news feed item where the bike image is inserted you will now see a big space, then the text of the blog. (In html markup this space is represented as line breaks.)
Austeyr
Austeyr Feb 16 '15
ok i want this too but not in news feed though that would be nice too but lets break it down so everyone gets what we are on about.

for example, 

we write a blog post and in the blog post we add a image, what we want is for that image or in the case of multiple images, the first image / featured image of the blog post to be displayed with in the newsfeed (or what im after) within the blog widget.

so if i write a blog post i just want the first image within the post to be displayed within the blog widget/newsfeed so people can see the image and the excerpt of the post....

it's just an attractive way to show off a blog post - wordpress does it and pretty much every blog software out there. it's something oxwall is trying to achieve, yet doesn't quite know it yet..........

p.s ive been hitting the brews and my text is not very clear so i hope ya'll get me lol.... 

P.s.s yes this is a custom code mod

P.s.s.s yes this should be posted on user voice......

P.s.s.s.s im not posting there, please just consider it for a future update. without me having to write more than this post, cause majority of people search google and type oxwall at end of search parameter not user voice.....................................

P.s.s.s.s.s i know im skipping the line up or what ever im Australian and am just saying.... 

you can view my profile here : Austeyr im not being rude it's just hard to convey tone in text.. i say what i say with the utmost respect, coding is so bloody hard my brain hurts ....

P.s.s.s.s.s.s +1 Ross i swear your the only one that works here man... lol 

The Forum post is edited by Austeyr Feb 16 '15
matt
matt Feb 16 '15
There was some talk of this (and  a fix for an older version, now not working) some while back. So it can be done.

I will try and find the thread...

Taissa Team
Taissa Feb 18 '15
Austeyr, thank you for the suggestion, it's a brilliant idea, however for now our blogs plugin is just a light version of any blog system. 
Unfortunately, I can't affect our developer and product designer teams about implementation of new functionality, because I'm just a supporter.
For this goals we use our suggest board to show our product designers what features are the most essential.
I've made searching at uservoice and I've got one topic with this suggestion. You can vote to get this feature priority higher: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...168731-improve-blogs

matt, I guess you mean this solution: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14916?page=1#post-75376
But in new versions of the software you should change /ow_plugins/blogs/classes/event_handler.php file instead of init.php file.
Austeyr
Austeyr Feb 18 '15

Quote from Taissa Austeyr, thank you for the suggestion, it's a brilliant idea, however for now our blogs plugin is just a light version of any blog system.  Unfortunately, I can't affect our developer and product designer teams about implementation of new functionality, because I'm just a supporter. For this goals we use our suggest board to show our product designers what features are the most essential. I've made searching at uservoice and I've got one topic with this suggestion. You can vote to get this feature priority higher: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...168731-improve-blogs

wow new face, love it...... 

thanks for reply, cause you went well out of your way to find that post i will indeed make a account on uservoice and vote it up.

great to meet you Taissa hope to see more of you about the place...

Taissa Team
Taissa Feb 19 '15
Thank you. Hope I'll come in handy.