We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

anyone else get this crazy email | Forum

dave Leader
dave Aug 30 '13

I just got a crazy email trying to sell a batch full of tons ofplugins all in one spot. I know its spam and it is prob some plugin hacker idiot but has anyone else gotten this email.  Here is who it came from

http://www.oxwall.org/user/Swaroop

here is some of the email i am not including any links or images.. but there are quite a few.

1. this is the first slot, you will got each oxwall store paid plugin and theme in the next slot.

70 paid plugins and 16 paid themes in this slot.

rar files are password protected,

I an doing this just for exchange,

30 plugins and 12 themes for testing.

please send me atleast 3 plugins and 1 theme that not included in my list to unlock all the rar files.

------------------

obviously this idiot needs to be removed from the memberlist and be banned

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 30 '13
Valentin
Valentin Aug 30 '13
I got
dave Leader
dave Aug 30 '13

more reason to have a license manager via domain ip...    

Abbey
Abbey Aug 31 '13
If anyones dumb enough to take his offer they deserve to have their sites F***** over
Christer
Christer Aug 31 '13
I got it and agree about get this person banned asap.
Josh
Josh Aug 31 '13
Ditto. This has happened before on the boards. Notice the date and time here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11456

I will quote dave during that time...

"daveJul 15

My question would be what exactly can the OSCL authorities do to prevent this and prosecute violators.  I would suspect not much more than a slap on the wrist at best which is very sad indeed.  OSCL authorities  are not going pursue the long expensive court battle over violation for each person that does this. 

They could take away their plugins, ban them from Oxwall (how i dont know).

They could even contact the local authorities in the hope that the violator gets scared enough by the inquest that they stop. 

They could even report them to some online violation management site that puts their name in an online "black list".  

Or report them to the ISP in the hopes the ISP will terminate their connection and ban them from further business, in small countries this hurts worse than in large countries.

But all in all, the sad case is that in the digital online open source market not much can be done to the serious violators, unless there is something i dont know about.   This is why all my scripts are encoded and not open source. 

Puru and others have been very gracious in his allowing us to use the plugins on OUR sites.  NOT everyones site but OUR sites, if you have a couple of sites that is ok as long as it is YOURS.  It is based on the gentlemens agreement and i for one believe and take that agreement seriously and i do not violate it.  Others take that as a chance to exploit kindness and that sadly is the way of the world.

--------------

I agree with dave as this is a very hard thing to punish someone over, and thus little risk for the hacker and big risk for developers and users of oxwall. Obviously, this is the reason we are targeted. 

Pete
Pete Aug 31 '13
Do not use any of these plugins ,the guy that his offering them has changed the code and added a back door in some of them to get access to your oxwall admin
John Michaels
John Michaels Sep 5 '13
I got it too and deleted it within seconds of the 1st couple of lines I read.
LOL ! What a turd this guy is huh ? Anyone who has computer smarts should know , when an offer sounds amazingly too good to be true . . . . .it usually is !

If your in need of a lesson about what can be done to your site by a hacker , a worthless dungpile with nothing better to do than to F***K with people , please by all means , go ahead ! Buy it ! LOL !!!!
The Forum post is edited by John Michaels Sep 5 '13