We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Removing a button from profile_action_toolbar | Forum

Scott
Scott Sep 1 '13
As part of the community I'm building, I need to remove the Block button from the toolbar. If a user legitimately needs someone else blocked, I'd like it to be an administrator only function (I'll go in to the DB and do it myself). How can I remove this functionality?
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon Sep 2 '13
Hello,

Open this file: ow_system_plugins\base\init.php

And comment out (or remove) the following line:

OW::getEventManager()->bind(BASE_CMP_ProfileActionToolbar::EVENT_NAME, 'base_elst_block_user_action_tool');

Hope this helps!

Scott
Scott Sep 4 '13
Absolutely beautiful! Thank you very much.
Alican
Alican Feb 8 '14
Hello. I also would like to remove Block button. But I can't find that line in ow_system_plugins\base\init.php. Is it changed?
Daisy Team
Daisy Mar 10 '14
Alican, if you are talking about the 1.6.0 version - please check out this file: /ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php
Alican
Alican Mar 10 '14
Daisy, Thank you again, I commented out the related line in '/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php' as following, and Block button is removed.

/*        $eventManager->bind(BASE_CMP_ProfileActionToolbar::EVENT_NAME, array($this, 'onActionToolbarAddUserBlockActionTool')); */