We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Costumising this theme - Calibre | Forum

Thabile
Thabile Sep 5 '13
Hi I am new to oxwall, can you please show the basics of how to customize this theme. like

-Going back to normal menu or horizontal menu

-The welcome message, how to change it. I cant find language settings

-Changing the slides and picture sizes you have to add 

-logo appears behind text, how to fix that

Can you please write a little tutorial on how to fix this issues and much will be appreatiated. Thank you

Thabile
Thabile Sep 5 '13
I mean the "original menu". People get confused when they don't see any menus. They cant figure out the hidden menu. So how do I enable the original menu? I can see some people have enabled it in the previous post.

I'll try to figure out the language settings. 

Yes the header logo hides behind text. Thank you

Thabile
Thabile Sep 8 '13
Here is an example of the website that used your theme,.
http://www.dubstrix.com/social/

You can see that the left side hiden sidebar menu has been removed and replaced by the original top bar menu.

If you say this theme does not have original menu, how come it exists on the website above?
Is there any way I can change the css to give me the menu above because I want to disable the left slide in menu because some people cannot see it.

Second thing is how do I make the theme mobile friendly?

The Forum post is edited by Thabile Sep 8 '13
Thabile
Thabile Sep 9 '13
So when everybody asks me where is the menu, it seems like this is a bad design. Like I learned in Human Computer Interaction. They say always make your interfaces visible to the users!

So I will like to adjust the hiden menu into an always visible one. If possible put it at where the top menu is. Thanks
Thabile
Thabile Sep 9 '13
So how do I adjust the css to an "always visible" menu without hiding other things on the site?

If possible put it at where the top menu is?
Thabile
Thabile Sep 9 '13
I understand that the menu is visible, but is hidden. I want to disable the hidden menu.
You build that menu so you must know how to "always make it visible".

Thabile
Thabile Sep 9 '13
I mean your menu is hidden, it only slides in and appears when you move the mouse on the "arrow and red little circle box"...

What I want is the menu that is not hidden....
When things are hidden it means its a bad form of design.
Thabile
Thabile Sep 11 '13
I like the theme but I just want the menu that is always visible. Just tell me how to adjust the menu so that is always visible. Or it seems like you are dodging my question. How can you make something that you don't know how to fix? In your other themes that you made the menu is visible. I like the theme but im having problem with the menu. Have you even ever tried to use the theme on a mobile device? The menu does not work at all. Please just tell me what to adjust in the CSS so that the menu does not hide at all.
Thabile
Thabile Sep 14 '13
Can I get a reply please!
Elfego Trujillo
Elfego Trujillo Aug 18 '14
try pasting this code into the css.

.ow_menu_wrap {

width: 155px;

}

.ow_menu_wrap:hover {

width: 155px;

}