We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Front Page of Site | Forum

KreativMind
KreativMind Sep 6 '13
I have my site setup so that when a person goes to it, they only see Sign In With or Register your profle. What I would like to do if possible is figure out how to make the Register your profile section disappear and only display a Register button which takes you to a Register Your profile page. 

I find that having the Register Your profile section on the front page all visible like so is pretty ugly and not a very clean landing page.

Any suggestions or ideas? Has anyone accomplished this?

fbkca
fbkca Sep 6 '13
You could move the "Join" page in yousite.com/admin/pages/manage to be first in the list for the Main Menu and set it for guest view only.
KreativMind
KreativMind Sep 6 '13
I already have the page as my default page and it is set to guest only. What I mean is that when you look at the site a person sees the Sign In With or Register your profle (which shows you all of the field boxes to fill in). I would rather have a button that is titled Register and then when a new user clicks on it, it takes them to a page that has all the Register Your Profile fields on it for them to fill out.
KreativMind
KreativMind Sep 7 '13
Anyone else have an idea as to how to do this? Thanks!
Daisy Team
Daisy Sep 19 '13
Monroe, sorry, but it's not quite clear.
There are the sign-in component and Join link only show up on the Sign in page (if you close your site from guests via Admin Area > Privacy & Permissions)
Do you use a third-party plugin? Did you customize your Sign in page? Please provide us with more details.
KreativMind
KreativMind Sep 28 '13
I want to create a front page that is basically the same as twitter. The default join page that containt sign in box and a register section looks ugly to contain all that on the default home page. I would like to give a small back that has a username and password box and underneath that says something like Not a member? Click here to Register. And the word Register is a link that takes you to the page that has the multiple boxes that the user fills out. Thanks.
The Forum post is edited by KreativMind Sep 28 '13
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Sep 30 '13
set the dashboard as the main page and when the user is not signed in it will redirect to yoursite.com/sign-in?back-uri=dashboard and this has the sign in form on the page 
KreativMind
KreativMind Oct 2 '13
This may sound like a dumb question, but how do set it as the main page? I have dashboard set for guests and all the other pages are set to be visible to registered members only.
fbkca
fbkca Oct 2 '13
Move it to the first menu item in the list.
KreativMind
KreativMind Oct 2 '13
I have it as the first menu item. I went about it a different way and reached the point of getting how I wanted it to look. Thanks.