We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ow_base_component_place_cache does not clear | Forum

Johan
Johan Sep 6 '13
Hello

When using clear cache from the profiler bar, the contents of ow_base_component_place_cache persist.

Is this behaviour intended?

I noticed this while developing a widget, removed my plugin, the widget still being in load order (bad design, I know) and made 500 error ofcourse. Running clear cache did not remove it, went into PMA and removed my widget from the database table to get it working.

dave Leader
dave Sep 7 '13

Cache Cleaner Extreme plugin works better. And its free

http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/579

I have found that if you are running it multiple times not to have your cPanel on the other tab same browser as it does tend to cause cPanel to log off.   So i just have cPanel on another browser when im running this plugin.

Johan
Johan Sep 8 '13
Thanks I will check this out. Still think it should be core feature tho, unless there's a good reason it's not :)
dave Leader
dave Sep 8 '13
Yes agreed, but also remember that you can always set dev mode to true and hit F5 or cntrl F5. Sometimes i have found that this even works when nothing else will...  Just remember to turn dev mode back to false when your done.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 9 '13
Johan, depends on how you developed your plugin.

In your "deactivate.php" file have you specified that your widget should be deleted?.
Example:BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->deleteWidget('MAILBOX_CMP_NewMessageNoteWidget');

If you did specify this, then ow_base_component_place_cache should have been cleared the moment you deactivated your plugin.

Johan
Johan Sep 9 '13

Quote from dave Yes agreed, but also remember that you can always set dev mode to true and hit F5 or cntrl F5. Sometimes i have found that this even works when nothing else will...  Just remember to turn dev mode back to false when your done.

Thanks for replying but I do not see how refreshing your browser would reset plugin data in the database ..

Quote from Aliia Johan, depends on how you developed your plugin.

In your "deactivate.php" file have you specified that your widget should be deleted?.
Example:BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->deleteWidget('MAILBOX_CMP_NewMessageNoteWidget');

If you did specify this, then ow_base_component_place_cache should have been cleared the moment you deactivated your plugin.

My deactivate.php
<?php

$widgetService = BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance();

$widgetService->deleteWidget( 'ASBRACBOX_CMP_CboxWidget' );

The Forum post is edited by Johan Sep 9 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 12 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.