We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SIGNUP / JOIN SHOWS SPAM ALERT | Forum

Samuel
Samuel Sep 7 '13
When I click on Sign up or Join Now, instead of the form, it shows
"SPAM alert
Our protection system identified your session as a SPAM attempt. If this is an error, you should contact StopForumSpam and ask them to remove your IP from their database. "
People cannot even signup for an account on my site. Please how can I remove this StopForumSpam thing totally from the website? Just to be sure that all the people that has been invited can at least create an account and use the social network without getting a SPAM Alert... Captchas can be used instead I guess... I really need help with this. Please... You know, in my country, we mostly use 3G Networks for the internet provided by the various mobile phone service providers we have (MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT, GLO etc) and really, if real people who visit my site cannot at least register freely, the whole effort is a waste. Please help. I need to remove StopForumSpam totally. I have attached a screen shot of what shows up on signup page. Thank you so much Oxwall and all the supporters...
Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 10.18.26 AM.png (57.89Kb)
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon Sep 7 '13
Hello,

Have you installed WatchDog?  If so, try to deactivate that plugin and see if it fixes the problem.

Samuel
Samuel Sep 7 '13
Thanks @S. Bourdon - I deactivated watchdog and that fixed the problem... Thanks a billion.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 8 '13
Thanks for helping  S. Bourdon .