We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Creation of a plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Sep 9 '13
Want to learn how to create plugins for Oxwall, where you can start learning this skill? What skills are required? There is a huge desire to learn it, but don't know where to start and what to study.

I have a lot of ideas for my site, but for realization of these ideas, I need to be able to create plug-ins for Oxwall.

Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Sep 9 '13

The documentation I found, but as I understand it, without programming skills and self-scripting is not enough? Unfortunately programming complete zero

Документацию я нашел, но я так понимаю, без навыков программирования и самостоятельно написания скриптов здесь не обойтись? К сожалению в программировании полный ноль
The Forum post is edited by Ivan Saveliev Sep 9 '13
ross Team
ross Sep 9 '13
Yes, Ivan,  you are correct you need to have certain knowledge in programming to take advantage of it for plugin creation
Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Sep 9 '13
I would like to implement the idea, this is an audio player for the site that you will use a common database of music for all users, and with the ability to add a favorite song to your page (in playlist) to the same principle as it is implemented on vk.com Can somebody will undertake the writing of this extension, I think it is a good idea.
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
if you're not able to implement such a plugin on your own, you can make a suggestion here: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall or find someone who could do that for you
Ivan Saveliev
Ivan Saveliev Sep 12 '13
Thank you