We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Help with CAPTCHA | Forum

Valentin
Valentin Sep 9 '13
What could it be? Do not see the characters displayed in a CAPTCHA

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Sep 9 '13
Are you using CAPTCHA supplied with Oxwall or Smart CAPTCHA?

If it's Smart Captcha please go to admin/Installed Plugins/Smart Captcha/ settings.
Change Image Width and Height. Try 400 x 50.

Also Check your server and make sure you have GD image library installed. Contact your host to enable that.
The Forum post is edited by MarkieMark67 Sep 9 '13
Valentin
Valentin Sep 10 '13
No characters on that or the other displayed in a CAPTCHA. On the server, everything is fine, with the installation instal everything works, it occurred after the transfer of the site with a different host.
Valentin
Valentin Sep 10 '13
How to disable the captcha code?
Alia Team
Alia Sep 10 '13
Topic was moved from General Chat.
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Sep 10 '13
What version of Captcha are you running. The stocked one that comes with Oxwall or Smart Captcha or have you tried both?
Valentin
Valentin Sep 10 '13
Yes, I tried both Pictures from above. Temporarily solved the problem of installing the plugin reCAPTCHA.
Valentin
Valentin Sep 10 '13
Tried to turn the setting smart captcha, effect zero.
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Sep 10 '13
Enable Debug mode and Let me know what errors popup.
Valentin
Valentin Sep 10 '13
Quote from MarkieMark67 Enable Debug mode and Let me know what errors popup.

no errors, debug enabled

in general there is an option to disable the standard CAPTCHA???

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Sep 10 '13
With come coding it can be removed. Try this :

Admin/Privacy Permissions/Global Privacy/ On Guest can view Site make sure it is set to Yes.

See if that changes anything. With Smart CAPTCHA it has a small bug Setting the privacy in Global to no will cause a bug. 
Valentin
Valentin Sep 10 '13
with all that and the mood

Valentin
Valentin Sep 10 '13
strange thing itself may be corrected after the upgrade to the 1.6 engine
Alia Team
Alia Sep 12 '13
Valentin, can't tell anything about third party CAPTCHA.

But regarding Oxwall's default one.
First thing is to make sure that GD Library with freetype is installed on your server.

Removing our CAPTCHA, requires custom code modifications.
Check this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6586%C2%A0
Note that
- those instuctons were given for earlier builds of Oxwall and might not work for 1.5.3. But at least you know where to look at and which files are involved.
- instuctions apply only to Join form. To remove CAPTCHA from the private messages you will need to check source code of the "Mailbox" plugin.

Any custom code modifications are done at your own risk. So before trying to change anything save original files somewhere to have a back up if things go wrong.

David Johhn
David Johhn Jan 6

Hello everyone,

While this topic is focused on CAPTCHA troubleshooting, I wanted to take a moment to share something that has had a positive impact on my relationships with friends and family. I have found that sending good morning images can be a wonderful way to express love and strengthen our connections with one another. Each morning, I make it a habit to send a beautiful and uplifting image along with a heartfelt message to my loved ones. This simple gesture not only brings a smile to their faces but also creates a sense of warmth and closeness in our relationships. The power of good morning images lies in their ability to convey emotions and set a positive tone for the day. They can brighten someone's morning, uplift their spirits, and remind them that they are cherished. It's a small but meaningful gesture that shows we are thinking of them and wishing them a great day ahead.