We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Custom home page? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Johan
Johan Sep 9 '13
Hello

I saw that SkaDate Lite plugin has a home/front page completely different from the rest of the site, the header etc. does not exist.

Before login (front page): http://i.imgur.com/0R0IrE1.jpg

After login (other pages): http://i.imgur.com/twbfDxv.jpg

Live demo here: http://litedemo.skadate.com/

How can this be achieved?

On my front/join page the themes master_pages/general.html is still used, causing header etc. to be shown.

It would be neat if I could create a fullscreen page like these.

If it invoked a different page template, it would be easy.. hmm. Is there another master_page to be defined?

I have a copy of their themes & plugin, but I do not see where it overrides the front page at all :S

Hope I've been clear enough.

Thanks for replies.

The Forum post is edited by Johan Sep 9 '13
Attachments:
  SkaDate Lite before.png (1204.49Kb)
  SkaDate Lite after.png (912.39Kb)
KreativMind
KreativMind Sep 9 '13
Its kind of funny they label the site as powered by SkaDate but yet it's all Oxwall code.
fbkca
fbkca Sep 9 '13
If you have their theme then have a look in their theme.xml and the masterPages container and the index.html master page.
The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 9 '13
Johan
Johan Sep 10 '13
Quote from Monroe Its kind of funny they label the site as powered by SkaDate but yet it's all Oxwall code.

Yeah, at this point their plugin does not add much either.

Quote from fbkcaIf you have their theme then have a look in their theme.xml and the masterPages container and the index.html master page.

That's the thing, when I apply the theme the master_pages/index.html does not get called.

I added the filename of each master page (general, dndindex, index) to the top of the file so I can see on the rendered page which one is displaying. It seems General is always displayed.

In the theme.xml it's set

<masterPages>       <base_index_page>index</base_index_page>    </masterPages>

Which I assume would invoke master_pages/index.html as index, but it is not. Hmm.

So I guess the real question is; why is master_pages/index.html not my index page? :)

fbkca
fbkca Sep 10 '13
strange, it works for me... whats your first menu item visible to guests?
Johan
Johan Sep 10 '13
Quote from fbkca strange, it works for me... whats your first menu item visible to guests?

Join, which links to /join, shown to guests only.

Neither the homepage nor /join uses the index.html, both use general for some reason

I know that it is the master_pages/index.html that I want to display, but not sure how to make it display as home/front page.. :(

fbkca
fbkca Sep 10 '13
try setting "Main" as your first page visible to guests. That's the whole idea behind this as it's just a splash page which just links to the join page.
Johan
Johan Sep 10 '13
Added Main first on the menu

It does not show up in the menu bar on page,

(Logged in)

(Guest)

And it is still the general.html page that is showing as front page.

(I also cleared cache from the profiler bar after saving the menu)

The Forum post is edited by Johan Sep 10 '13
fbkca
fbkca Sep 10 '13
You need to make it viewable by guest only.
Johan
Johan Sep 10 '13

Thank you very much, that worked!

Johan
Johan Sep 10 '13
Where do I set which widgets are shown on the index page?
fbkca
fbkca Sep 10 '13
no clue :) I just started using oxwall last week! :)
The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 10 '13
Johan
Johan Sep 10 '13
Alright, I started using it this weekend .. time to dig a bit in the core :)
The Forum post is edited by Johan Sep 10 '13
fbkca
fbkca Sep 10 '13
Oh I remember now. You have to enable it to be viewed by registered members.... then when you go to that page, use the "Customize This Page" link... when you add what you want, remove registered users...
Johan
Johan Sep 10 '13
Thanks!

Hope they add a settings page for it under "Pages & Menus" like with User Dashboard in the future :)

KreativMind
KreativMind Sep 11 '13
How did you get their theme? Did you purchase it to use on Oxwall? Some of their themes are cool looking.
TeamX
TeamX Sep 12 '13
join Gang Giz for all your Oxwall query
Join now
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Sep 15 '13

Quote from Stanly join Gang Giz for all your Oxwall query
Join now

Don't be silly, site is at Forbidden status.
TeamX
TeamX Sep 15 '13
Quote from Krunch
Quote from Stanly join Gang Giz for all your Oxwall query
Join now

Don't be silly, site is at Forbidden status.

That is beacuse, i have blocked many IP adress in my CPanel to fight against Spams, so you may please say your locAL IP by looking at 
http://www.checkmyip.com
Johan
Johan Sep 16 '13
Quote from Monroe How did you get their theme? Did you purchase it to use on Oxwall? Some of their themes are cool looking.

Purchased the SkaDate Lite base script, it came with like 4-5 themes. They were rather poor, been working on something better :)
Pages: 1 2 »