We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed not updating | Forum

Chris
Chris Sep 12 '13

Hi

The newsfeed is not updating automatically and the video embed function doesn't work.

What i mean by this is that if you enter a new status and click send it doesn't update the newsfeed unless you manually refresh the page.

Also when embeding a video nothing shows up the post is created and thats it.

Hope someone can help.

Chris

Alia Team
Alia Sep 13 '13
Chris

1. That is the way newsfeed is supposed to work. Search the store. As far as I remember, contributors have created a plugin that refreshes the newsfeed automatically. I also suggest searching through the forum. This questions was discussed earlier.

2. You mean video thumbnail is not showing up? If yes, what is the video source you got your embed from, youtube?

fbkca
fbkca Sep 13 '13
Quote from Aliia Chris

As far as I remember, contributors have created a plugin that refreshes the newsfeed automatically. I also suggest searching through the forum. This questions was discussed earlier.

I've looked and haven't found anything... 

But what I think he's trying to explain is... when you add your status, typically you see it added to the feed just below the textfield box...

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Sep 13 '13
@Chris I have a small script that refresh the whole page every 15mins. It does so on inactively of a user after 15mins. Simple to install but it's just a small solution till someone can come up with a good plugin. 
add to admin/settings/main settings/custom head code 

<script>
     var time = new Date().getTime();
     $(document.body).bind("blur focus focusin focusout load resize scroll unload click dblclick mousedown mouseup mousemove mouseover mouseout mouseenter mouseleave change select submit keydown keypress keyup error hover change", function(e) {
         time = new Date().getTime();
     });

function refresh() {
         if(new Date().getTime() - time >= 900000)
             window.location.reload(true);
         else
             setTimeout(refresh, 900000);
     }
 setTimeout(refresh, 900000);
</script>

900000 = 15mins
600000 = 10mins
300000 = 5mins

The Forum post is edited by MarkieMark67 Sep 13 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 17 '13
Thanks for your replied guys.

fbkca, I guess plugin developer deleted it. If I am not mistaken it was Paul's plugin.

Well, now Chris has at least one solution and he contact Paul if needed.