We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

have to reconnect daily? - Social Publisher 1.01 | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Sep 12 '13
I connected my facebook,twitter,and linkedin yesterday. When I logged on my site today the info was still in but I had to tell my newsfeed to reconnected which required me to go back and set it to ask me each time. I noticed because when i made a post nothing happened on twitter,facebook,or linkedin
YouNetCo
YouNetCo Sep 12 '13
Joseph,

If you have turned on "Auto publish" or Keep connection features but issue still happens, please submit a ticket under Client Area at www.oxwall.younetco.com/client for more help.

Regards,

YouNet

Brandon
Brandon Sep 13 '13
Same problem.. I opened a ticket.
Shaun
Shaun Sep 27 '13
Hi everyone, I am having the same problem as well. only happens in social publisher.
YouNetCo
YouNetCo Sep 27 '13
Hi all,

Have you updated Social Bridge 1.03p4, this issue is fixed in this patch.

Regards,

YouNet

Joseph
Joseph Sep 27 '13
yes and all i keep getting from younet site is that I must have something installed improperly but I assure you the steps to set everything up are easy its just the plugin social bridge is working perfectly its social publisher that is having issues
Joseph
Joseph Sep 27 '13
I can also say my caches have been refreshed and a lot of people are experiencing the same issue yet younet runs me around in circles acting as if we have not already covered the basics
Brandon
Brandon Sep 30 '13
I am still having the same problem even though they have gone through the back end to repair it. Sadly I'm not sure if I can keep this plugin.
YouNetCo
YouNetCo Sep 30 '13
Brandon and all,

Actually, it just needs to install Social Bridge 1.03p4, clear your cache and check.

Regards,

YouNet

Joseph
Joseph Oct 2 '13
which cache my local cache or oxwall cache?
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Oct 2 '13
YouNetCo
YouNetCo Oct 2 '13
Joseph,

Please continue working with our Support in Ticket System, we replied you on Monday but still receive any reply from you.

If you could not find the ticket ID, simply send an email to support@younetco.com then we will re-reply the ticket.

Regards,

YouNet

Allen Burtt
Allen Burtt Oct 26 '13

I've encountered the same problem. Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter are "connected" in the preferences by when a post is submitted those sites come up as "disconnected" (with a link prompting the user to "connect"). That is, user has to connect to site to share the post.

Haven't yet tried to with the preferences set to "auto publish", but don't want to use that option as users should be explicitly asked whether they want to share the post.

Joseph
Joseph Oct 26 '13
these guys don't care I have tried for over a month to get this fixed and they say "oh nothing is wrong" when its clear as day and they half way test the issue and say its working fine might as well hire my own developer to fix this issue
Allen Burtt
Allen Burtt Oct 26 '13

Hi All,

I did some further testing. The results were patchy and not particularly helpful, but they were as follows:

(a) Facebook - Posts were shared consistently when connected to Facebook. However the App would not stay connected after the browser session. That is, when the user returned to my site (new browser session), it was necessary to re-connect Facebook through preferences (or the pop-up dialogue if the preferences were set to "ask each time"). It made no difference whether or not Facebook was asked to "remember" the user on login and/or the plugin preferences where set to "auto publish".

(b) LinkedIn - Posts were shared consistently when connected to LinkedIn and connection was maintained between browser sessions. Basically, the App worked as advertised.

(c) Twitter - Posts were not shared at all even although the App was connected. Connection was also maintained between browser sessions, but given that nothing was shared the conclusion was that the App did not work at all.

For what it's worth, I suspect that the different behaviour is due in part to the way in which Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter handle calls to their api's, which no doubt differ in material respects. I noticed also on the Twitter developer page that it has recently made some changes to its api in relation to "permissions". It states that "read write" permissions from App's are not affected by the changes, but it could have broken something. These are really just guesses however as I'm not a programmer and there were no error messages to explain the different behaviour. There were no instructions as to how to configure the Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter Apps. There is a trouble shooting guide for the Twitter App on YouNet's site which was directed towards a specific problem, but which I was able to use to confirm the correct configuration of that App for the purposes of the "bridge" plugin.

As an aside, I'm not keen on the "auto publish" feature because users should be explicitly asked whether they want a particular post to go to Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter. They can of course choose either setting in the preferences (which is good). However, assuming preference is set to "ask me each time", I found the pop-up dialogue box method slow and clumsy. It has the potential to become very annoying to the user.

I would prefer to see a "check-box" which allows the user to simply tick how the post is to be shared just before clicking the send button (or whatever button performs the publication of the content). This would be a very clean and unobtrusive way to deal with sharing with the other sites, but it would require that the connection issues (described above) are solved.

I think YouNet has opted for the popup dialogue box to in effect provide a means to tell the user whether or not the App is "connected" or "disconnected" and included the "connect" link which then takes the user to the Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter login interface (as needed) using the same dialogue box. In short, this has been YouNet's way of dealing with the connection issue, at least in part. If you look at the plugin screenshots on Oxwall you see a row of buttons AND a dialogue box which has check-boxes. On my installation however there were no buttons. The dialogue box functionality was also different. There were no check-boxes and a "connect" link had been included. 

Anyway, that's my conclusions from testing. As things stand the plugin is unreliable and I have had to deactivate it from my site. The App needs work and I agree at $30.00 it should have been flawless. At that price purchasers may reasonably expect that these sort of issues have been well and truly worked out. Also a bit of instruction about installing and configuring the App (and the bridge App) would not go astray. I got there I the end, but it took much longer than it should have because there were not instructions (not even the advertised email).

Cheers

The Forum post is edited by Allen Burtt Oct 27 '13
Joseph
Joseph Oct 26 '13
Thanks Allen I myself have been busy with my regular job and unable to do much testing lately and I agree at this price these issues at the very least should have some work around if not a permanent fix sites such as meetme.com have a social publisher and it works everytime and honestly for those of us aspiring to crazy heights meetme is our competition and they are winning because of these small details
You do not have permission to reply this topic