We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Whats expected in SMS notification plugin? | Forum

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Guys,

I need your feedback and suggestions on whats expected in a SMS notification plugin.

For now, I have completed sending SMS notification when there are some defined activities like friend request sent, likes added, etc..

Need your ideas..
fbkca
fbkca Sep 13 '13
I've never thought of having SMS notifications before but for SMS notifications you must keep in mind that some people have only limited numbers of messages they can receive before they have to pay more $ to their provider.  So notifications such as content rated and likes would not be important to receive through SMS.

If I was a member of a site I would want to only be notified on important activities, such as new messages received which has some details of the contents of the message, new friend requests with some details of username/gender/age, comments on profile with some details of the comment, comments on activities you have commented on...

Hope this helps.

The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 13 '13
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes it helps. Thanks.
gsn enter
gsn enter May 12 '14
Hi Purusothaman, 

I sent a IM, surprisingly found this post as well, my request was related to SMS. thanks

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for that.