We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Sharing Photos via FTP or Directory/File Based | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Derek
Derek Sep 16 '13
I'm using the "Photo" plugin that came with Oxwall 1.5.3.  Is it possible to 'import' and share photos and video based on the location of the file on disk?  Or is it possible for a user to upload photos in bulk using FTP?

I've been using ZenPhoto for hosting a family photo gallery where all family members can sign in and upload and share their photos, and if I create a new directory in /var/www/zenphoto/albums/user1/my_new_album/, and add some pictures to it, ZenPhoto automatically recognizes them and displays the album with photos and video on the website.  This makes it really nice to copy/paste photos in bulk using FTP, since we don't have to open a browser and click "upload".

Are there any solutions that exist?  Does anybody have a recommendation for how they would import several thousands pictures from a dozen different users?

Thanks in advance for any information.

ross Team
ross Sep 25 '13
Unfortunately this is not possible. As the photo must have record in the database, have it's own ID and must belong to some user. And all this attributes of the photo won't be assign to the file if you just upload it via FTP. You may consider Advance photo upload only.