We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

new host and now got some troubleshootings | Forum

Erwan
Erwan Sep 18 '13
Hi everyone,

My previous (free) host is now closed. So I had to move to a new one. I have saved and copied the database and the website from one host to the other.
But I think something happens during this backup because, now, on the main page, the screen refresh itself with some a bit old news and the text has then some issues with special characters (utf8!!).
I've got some issues with the cron tasks. My host gave me the ensurance that the "ow_cron/run.php" is launched every 10 minutes. But it doesn't work. I'm obliged to launch it manualy.
I have decided to wait the oxwall update but since it has been postponed I'm looking for some help.

Can someone help me?

Alia Team
Alia Sep 18 '13
Erwan, let's take a look at your issues one by one.

Site URl for a start would be great, just to actually see what the issue is.
Erwan
Erwan Sep 18 '13
Here is the url

But, as it's an educational site, only registered members are allowed.
Can I send you invit ID/password in a private message?
The Forum post is edited by Erwan Sep 18 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 23 '13
Yes, would be great: amadilova@gmail.com
Alia Team
Alia Sep 23 '13
Erwan, thanks for the invite.

1. the screen refresh itself with some a bit old news

I think what you are referring to is "Autonewsfeed" plugin.
If you don't need this, just deactivate this plugin.

2. Can you give an example with the coding issues ( utf8)?

3. CRON.
Can you grant the user you have sent me ADMIN rights? OR send invites to following emails addresses:
amadilova@gmail.com
allikuu@gmail.com.
I will check CRON issue for you.

Erwan
Erwan Sep 23 '13
Thanks for your reply.
The "Invite" user has now Admin rights.

1. Concerning the weird refresh : I need the autonewsfeed plugin. I really don't want to desactivate it. But but some ununderstable reasons (according to me) old news are after the time delay on the top with the "5 minutes ago" time. I try to change the time delay in the plugin but the problem is still there.

2. the coding issues only (but not all the time) when the screen refresh. For the moment, this issue does not appear anymore when the refresh text (but there are not many accentued letters in these last posts)

3. good luck.

Erwan
Erwan Jan 4 '14
Hello,
I still have the same issue but I think I've found the reason : the web adress of my previous hoster is still in some links in some tables of phpmyadmin. But I don't know how to change them without breaking my website.

Is there a way to do that easily? Will the next version of oxwall correct that?
Thanks.
Erwan
Erwan Jan 4 '14
I've succeeded in changing all my previous website adresses but unfortunately my problem (with the weird refresh) is still there.
Erwan
Erwan Jan 5 '14
After a while, the "wall" changes and some a-bit-older news are on the top without (for me ) any reasons. Furthermore, after this refresh, accented letters (this is a french website) are no longer displayed. I have instead special characters as if the utf8 is not well managed.

I've got another problem with the cron jobs but I've found a kind of solution. With my previous hoster, everything worked fine but, since I was obliged to change it, the cron jobs don't work at all. I've checked with my hoster (who manages the cron tasks) and everything is ok for him. I think that, somewhere, my previous adress is still there. As a solution, I use http://www.easycron.com
The Forum post is edited by Erwan Jan 5 '14