We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Clear Cache for Cron Job???? | Forum

Lisa
Lisa Sep 25 '13
Hi there,

Having a big issue that is causing us to consider walking away from Oxwall and our website permanently. We are SO frustrated.

For months now, unless we completely remove the cron job, we keep getting the same notification (as do all our users) over and over and over again every time the cron job runs. These emails go out every time the cron job runs even though the plugins that generate those messages have been uninstalled and completely removed a long time ago.

The developer isn't able to help - says it's a cron problem. But I don't know how to fix it. The only thing that stops the hundreds of messages being sent out every day is stopping cron from running.

Is there some kind of cache for cron? Something that can be cleared? I'm totally helpless on this issue..... :(  Can anyone help?

Lisa
Lisa Sep 25 '13
Examples of things being sent over and over again when cron job is enabled: 

1. A "new user alert" for two specific users that joined a long time ago and whose accounts were deleted and banned.  (via new user alert plugin)

2. An email from a user who emailed us through our website to notify us of a spammer joining

Just now I tried (yet again) to run the cron job and sure enough I got two copies of each of the "new user alerts" from ages ago for the same two users and two copies of the email from the user about the spammer - all in a one minute period. So it appears they're now also DUPLICATED and sent every minute. ACK

fbkca
fbkca Sep 25 '13
Sounds like your messages table is not being emptied of just those messages. Do you get normal emails/notifications etc...? Might be as simple as removing the messages manually from the table. I'm not sure which one, I'm away from the computer ATM, but if someone doent reply I'll check and let you know.
Lisa
Lisa Sep 25 '13
fbkca - that SOUNDS right.... because it's only these particular OLD messages that keep getting sent....  if this is simply a matter of finding records somewhere in the sql database and deleting - that would be amazing!
fbkca
fbkca Sep 25 '13
Check the table ow_base_mail and see what is hanging around in there...
Alia Team
Alia Sep 25 '13
+1 to fbkca's suggestion about ow_base_mail table.

Lisa
Lisa Sep 26 '13
Thank you! Deleting all the messages from the ow_base_mail table seems to have done the trick!