We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What's the policy for plugin update? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Xavi
Xavi Sep 27 '13
I'm going to buy several plugins ,but the OW 1.6 is coming,I wonder is it free to get the updates of purchased plugins in the future? I didn't find any policy  about updating on store page.
Xavi
Xavi Sep 27 '13
anybody?
fbkca
fbkca Sep 27 '13
I would contact the plugin developers. AFAIK, they are not obligated. For instance, if there was a lot of core changes to the software, then sometimes it's not feasible to simply upgrade the plugin and sometimes the functionally get obsoleted if the same feature gets built by oxwall etc...

I don't know much about how much changes from version to version... I've only recently started with oxwall... but best bet.. contact the plugin developer. Chances are they've looked at how much work (if any) is needed.

The Forum post is edited by fbkca Sep 27 '13
Den Team
Den Oct 1 '13
Hello guys, 

This is developer's responsibility to define his plugin's update policy. Oxwall platform just provides a mechanism to autoupdate plugins from store. By default, the most developers provide updates for free. But to avoid any confusion, contact them directly before purchase, 

The Forum post is edited by Den Oct 1 '13
Xavi
Xavi Oct 7 '13
Quote from Den Hello guys, 

This is developer's responsibility to define his plugin's update policy. Oxwall platform just provides a mechanism to autoupdate plugins from store. By default, the most developers provide updates for free. But to avoid any confusion, contact them directly before purchase, 

Yeh,it's developer's duty indeed, most of them should have  declared the policy.

So I  suggest the store establish a specification to make dvelopers declare the policy clearly if the plugin is for sale.