We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Spammers Location Traced|OXWALL | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
TeamX
TeamX Sep 30 '13
Hello Every one,

As we know that all Open Source and CMS have to face Spammers atttack and they are very diificult for our Spam Killer plugins in  the store to find them because they use different IP .

So i traced one Spammer in my website and found the Root of it.

Yes, I have traced out the trick they use to fool us.. yes they use a service hosted in Poland named FreeDNS::42, this is a GPL license program which helps spammers to change the IP address randomly without the permission from ISPs.

What is FreeDNS::42 (https://freedns.42.pl)

Dynamic DNSFor automatic records update we use XML RPC; there is a simple python script for easy IP changes.

It is enough to call the script as
freedns-dyndns.py --newaddress new.ip.add.ress
or even simpler
freedns-dyndns.py --newaddress <dynamic>
to update record to your public IP (watch for proxies!)

You may want to fix default values in the script itself so you do not have to pass on the params in the commandline. Old IP can be '*', no need to have it written down.

Another way is to use any dynamic dns service (like DynDNS), and have a CNAME record pointing there.IdeaFree DNS service for the self-reliant people who do not want to waste time and money at ISPs (who sometimes are not very fast about DNS changes at that).We offer primary and secondary name server, automatic reloads every 15 minutes, SRV, TXT and IPv6 support, and unique feature of web redirections / frames (see our pseudo-record WWW). 
All zones (both primary and secondary) served by primary server — fns1.42.pl (79.98.145.34) — are automatically replicaated to our secondary server — fns2.42.pl (195.80.237.194 and 2a02:2978::a503:4209:2).If registrar needs personal info and/or zone admin email, it would be yours, not mine. It will be you maintaining the domain, not me. Do not put me as an admin of your domain.
TeamX
TeamX Sep 30 '13
This is the Website FreeDNS42
TeamX
TeamX Sep 30 '13
DEVS Look out, LOAN SPAM IN OXWALL WEBSITE TOO

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/13626?page=1#post-68853

TeamX
TeamX Oct 5 '13
check out
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Oct 5 '13
than ks for the valuable info
TeamX
TeamX Oct 6 '13
Quote from Kumi Festus than ks for the valuable info

Spread to all, and make a aNTI- Spammers
Duncan
Duncan Oct 15 '23
To conceal your IP address or circumvent content blocking, proxies are commonly employed. These proxies come in various types, and I recommend considering rotating mobile proxies from a reputable provider like web scraping proxies. This service facilitates connections to internet resources through genuine mobile and computer devices of registered individuals listed in ISP registries. By using such connections, your requests appear as though they originate from real users. If you find yourself managing multiple social media accounts, launching products, conducting market research, analyzing competitor pages, performing SEO optimization, working with search engines, placing ads on specific websites, or simply desiring online security, acquiring resident proxies would be a prudent choice!