We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

mass email sends over and over again | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Sep 30 '13
I am in the beginning stages of building our site and tested the mass email feature [albeit only 3 users at this stage]. I set the cron job for every minute and soon the emails were going out over and over. I deleted the cron and it still continues although less. It appears that when i log on either as user or administrator it send the messages out, and as long as i am logged in. With the cron deleted i believe that it will perform this same feature when a page is refreshed. My question is two part: First- how can i disable the continuous sending? and Second- is it possible to delete a sent mass email? I tried removing myself from the mailing list to no avail as a 'thing to try'.
fbkca
fbkca Sep 30 '13
manually remove them from the ow_base_mail table... 
Stas
Stas Oct 1 '13
Dave, I used to have similar issue because

1-  my email@gmail.com was used in admin panel>>settings>>main settings 
+
2- for some reason I used the same email when registering as site user ( site admin). So I kept receiving emails from myself over and over again.

May be you did the same. Just make sure that you are not using the email that is set in admin panel's main settings for other site users.

Cleaning ow_base_mail will help.
The Forum post is edited by Stas Oct 1 '13
Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Oct 2 '13
Thanks for the advice both of you. Cleaning out the ow_base_mail worked for those emails that were in the mass email. I will be sending another test mass email in the near future to see if the same issue occurs. If so, I would be open to ideas as to why it occurs.