We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with reseting password | Forum

mahony mahony
mahony mahony Oct 1 '13
I have problem that I need to solve. When somebody forget password, he/she can send URL adress to his/her email adress where it is possible to set new password. But when you click on URL adress it doesnt work - it writes this: "Unfortunately you reset code is invalid or expired. Please follow the link and try to reset it again." (I am clicking on link immediately so it can be expired)

Please can you help me wit it? Thank you very much

Alia Team
Alia Oct 1 '13
Mahony,  go to your database using for example PhpMyAdmin>> find "ow_base_user_reset_password" table. Does it contain any data?

What are the numbers in expirationTimeStamp column?
Convert those numbers to readable date/time using http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm .
What do you get?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 1 '13
Have you installed any third party plugins or modified source code recently?
mahony mahony
mahony mahony Oct 3 '13
Thank you very much for your answer Aliia. Yes I have third party plugins, but there was the same problem before I installed these plugins I guess. Please, I cannot find "ow_base_user_reset_password" table. I am not skilled in this area. I have 11050 users allready and I have each month around 1000 new users. I really need to repair it. Please can you help me with it if I provide you my access details? I am willing to pay for it. But I really need to repair it. Thank you

fbkca
fbkca Oct 3 '13
I've found that this table is getting completely cleared out every 10 minutes by the cron service. It is not obeying the expirationTimeStamp that is set.

Alia Team
Alia Oct 7 '13
>>Please, I cannot find "ow_base_user_reset_password" table. I am not skilled in this area. I have 11050 users allready and I have each month around 1000 new users. I really need to repair it. Please can you help me with it if I provide you my access details? I am willing to pay for it. But I really need to repair it.

No need to pay.
I will need
- site url
- admin panel access
- control panel/ database access details.

You can PM this info to me.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Oct 7 '13
I also have had a user contact me that their password reset did not work.  A ten minute expiration is not unreasonable but the user should be informed of that timeout (unless it prevents further attempts)

I set the foce password reset on their account (using the awesome Admin ToolBox plugin) and hopefully that worked.

Regards,

Steve