We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FTp is not working | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jyoti
jyoti Oct 3 '13
it says invalid no permission to write .... bt its not true what to do how can i update my plugins :(
ross Team
ross Oct 3 '13
probably you really don't have enough permissions for this FTP account, please check
jyoti
jyoti Oct 3 '13
no its my main ftp account and it has all access :) i have only one ftp ac .. my hosting godaddy :(
ross Team
ross Oct 4 '13
So basically, when you enter your FTP access details while updating your plugins via Admin Panel it says, that you don't have permissions to write? or what? 

Can you send us the screenshot, please?

jyoti
jyoti Oct 4 '13
dear ross tnx for your reply.U r right oxwall told me that you don't have permissions to write .while updating your plugins via Admin Panel .... so i have to manually upload to plugin folder then install... this creats bug for alredy installed plugin.... so i cant update my friend plug in so sad :( 
ross Team
ross Oct 4 '13
can you send us the screenshot, please of this message?
jyoti
jyoti Oct 4 '13
i cant send its flash word itts disappearing its red words ;( 
ross Team
ross Oct 4 '13
Can you PM me your FTP details, your domain and admin access details, I'll take a look at the issue. 
jyoti
jyoti Oct 4 '13
ok pmming you
jyoti
jyoti Oct 4 '13
chk pm
dave Leader
dave Oct 4 '13

Usually this means that you are either not entering the correct data to log in or you actually dont have permissions, the error is the same for issues. 

I would suggest that you not use your cpanel information for the update anyway, that info should only be used sparingly as it is very sensitive data.   What you should do is make another ftp acount just for updates... Here is the link of how to do so.

http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:how-to-add-new-ftp-account-to-update-add-plugins-and-themes?s[]=cpanel

This has several benefits, first it only gives access to the right account in the event you have several sites, and two it protects your cpanel data for more required uses.

Also im curious why are you updating a friends plugin?  I hope that you are not updating someone one elses account with a paid plugin that they did not pay for. 

jyoti
jyoti Oct 5 '13
thanks dev for your reply 

"Also im curious why are you updating a friends plugin?  I hope that you are not updating someone one elses account with a paid plugin that they did not pay for. "

lol am not in my admin panel oxwall showing an update is available thats why am trying to update... 

jyoti
jyoti Oct 5 '13
i tried a lot nothing working... i better not update :(
dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '13
very strange that its not working for you.  Did you try to set up another ftp?
jyoti
jyoti Oct 5 '13
@ dear dave tnx for reply...i try in 9 diff ftp even i gv my ftp and admin details to an oxwall team member ross but my bad luck :(
dave Leader
dave Oct 5 '13
ok lets see what ross can do please since you gave him the info, he is good guy.   And your welcome jyoti :)
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Oct 5 '13
jyoti I don't think it's your fault nor oxwall's fault. Contact your host about this. 

Another reason for this might be that your hosting providers uses SFTP login for cpanel, if that's the case, you might not be able to update your plugins via the admin panel. 

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Oct 5 '13
I faced similar problem before I moved to a different host... Meanwhiile, all hope is not lost; ross might be able to help out.
jyoti
jyoti Oct 6 '13
i am using godaddy ultimate hosting :(
dave Leader
dave Oct 6 '13
Well theres your problem right there. 
Pages: 1 2 »