We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hundreds of mails - Oxwall Reminder | Forum

Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 4 '13

Hi Purus!

Users of my site who have no avatar are complaining about receiving hundreds of emails (1 email every 5 minutes). I have suggested them disable reminder notifications as a quick solution, but I would like to know what is wrong.

I checked my cpanel and cron job is running every minute and reminder notifications in plugin settings every 5 days. 

Attachments:
  settingsjpg.jpg (86.35Kb)
  cron jobs.jpg (21.77Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
This is the problem with the cron. The email logs are not cleared on time by the cron and so the emails stay on the table.
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 4 '13
Oxwall cron? ... So what can I do? Should I disable the plugin reminder?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The actual problem will not solve if you disable the plugin. There is some other problem, I guess.
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 19 '13
You're right, problem doesn't solved deactivating the plugin, users still complaining they are receiving hundreds of email every day, the advantage became disadvantage. I really need an advice to stop sending emails. Are you meaning the solution it's out of your hands? Is it an oxwall core bug? What can I do?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
As told its some where problem with your cron. Might need to analyze deep on this.
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 19 '13
then, is it a problem whith my hosting service? should I ask them for a solution?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
No.. it should be with your oxwall installation only.. not with hosting.
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 19 '13
Thanks Purus.
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 21 '13
I deleted all rows on the ow_base_mail table where there were multiples repeated records and mass mailing stopped. I have deactivated Reminder Notifications plugin and what will happend if I activate the plugin again? Should the plugin or cron clean the table?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Work of the plugin is just to add an entry to the table. When you active the plugin you can monitor the entries.
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 22 '13
Thanks. Then cron must delete the entries to the table? I will be monitoring the table but I think it will be a hard work to delete the entries manually. Maybe I need deactivate the plugin definitely till the next update of oxwall. It's a pity!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I don't think its a problem with oxwall either. Some other script or plugin might be causing this. This is my assumption.
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Oct 22 '13
Thanks again. I will deactivate all the plugins to test and I will activate one by one the see the one conflicts with your plugin.
You do not have permission to reply this topic