We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Slideshow customizing | Forum

Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Oct 4 '13
Is it possible for the slideshow to be customizable for the main page for each individual user? At this time when i create one in my admin it shows up on all users main page also. I could not find a selection or option for this feature if available.
dave Leader
dave Oct 4 '13

no not without a custom code change or a plugin for that.   The slideshow is for all and was written for that purpose..  Sorry could not have a better answer for you.  Maybe someday :)

But regardless, you have removed the oxwall attribution link (powered by oxwall) at the bottom of your page without permission. You violate the license and then ask for help, thats not right.. Please put the link back or get permission to remove it legally and then ask for help.

www.skrubl.com

Is that a fair request?

thanks.

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 4 '13
Abbey
Abbey Oct 5 '13
on the main page click customise, then the settings edit tab for this widget, it will give you a "restrict view" option, you can choose what roles this is visible to.
Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Oct 6 '13
Dave, if there has been a violation it was an unintentional occurrence. If you knew me you would know that i am not trying to circumvent anything regarding attribution. Plus, quite honestly i am trying to figure out how it occurred and where it was done. Once i find that it will be re-established. And yes it is a fair request, but i also am not of the type that is looking for something for nothing.
Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Oct 6 '13
Dave, upon looking at our site I see 'Oxwall Software' on the bottom right and a Copyright emblem with 'Skrubl' at the bottom left. If it is the Copyright Skrubl that you are referring to we have not made any change in that area that we are aware of. Is that the location of concern that you have mentioned?
Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Oct 6 '13
Abbey, thanks for the input. Although it is not quite what i am trying to do it does have it usefulness and may come in to play at some point.
The Forum post is edited by Dave Holmquist Oct 6 '13
ross Team
ross Oct 7 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave Oct 7 '13

Hi dave,

first i apologize if you were offended, it was not my intention to do so.  We just see so many that do this on purpose and in the process of cracking down some good people get mixed in and i tend to be very direct but again my apology i did not mean to attack your character :) 

yes that is what i am referring to the powered by oxwall, so obvioulsy it is on the site so you are ok, but please understand that is not what we see as a non member.

What we see as a non member is this:

And it is not on that page, honestly this brings up a good question and i will need to get clarificatin from the team members an check the license again myself to see if it stipulates actual index or not.  

But until then you are ok as long it is on the page on the members side.  :)  

As per your question, no unfortunately there is no way to make th slideshow a per user experience that they can set up their own, well not with this plugin.  It would take a special plugin or it would take a major code mod.  

Actually if you would be so kind to share with us how you did that front page with just the signon and nothing else, we would greatly appreciate it :)  there are several who have asked how to do that..

Thanks and thanks for being understanding... :)  

Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Oct 7 '13
Dave, after seeing your screenshot I see what you mean. I experimented with simply changing the selection in the "Privacy and Permisions"/"Global Privacy" to 'Yes' at the 'Guest can view the site' setup, logged out, then went to the site which is now open for viewing and attribution is on the bottom as you have desired. It then also is displayed when 'Join now' application page is displayed. However, it appears that when the selection is "No" for 'guest viewing' it changes back to the login page and no attribution listed, just the login as your screenshot shows.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else we can do just let me know. 
dave Leader
dave Oct 7 '13
Great thanks for sharing. :)
dave Leader
dave Oct 11 '13

when you did this, did you get an "undefined" text in the top left corner, if so did you figure out what that was?

Dave Holmquist
Dave Holmquist Oct 16 '13
I do not recall seeing "undefined" anywhere on the page. I would have to run the process again to see if it is. Might be a few days before i get to it.

dave Leader
dave Oct 16 '13
no its ok dont, sorry i meant to update this, it was a conflict with a plugin that was causing this and i fixed it.