We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

bug: newsfeed comments are not posted in the forum | Forum

g00d
g00d Jun 21 '11
It seems in the newsfeed that the comments are not posted in the forum, so everything that is said there is lost.
It works on video's, so I think it should there also?

I now disabled the comments, to be sure users post in the forum and not in the comments...
Den Team
Den Jun 21 '11
You can't comment any forum's activity in newsfeed, isn't it :)? To post a comment, you need to click "discuss" and post reply on the topic. With new update, there will be appeared topic' reply in newsfeed for every new topic.
g00d
g00d Jun 21 '11
thx, it's indeed better to have the comments not activated for the forum news feeds, because people start commenting instead of posting in the forum :)
Den Team
Den Jun 23 '11
:)
Michael Leader
Michael Jun 27 '11
However let's be honest. Users can be dumb and will comment on a forum THINKING it will be posted. If you could disable commenting on certain newsfeed items that would solve the solution. It means a lot of work on the newsfeed plugin though...
(I still liked the activity/status plugin. It just worked without all the fancy on it!)
LOL
g00d
g00d Jun 29 '11
Indeed. I would like to activate the comments again, because it raises the activity on the site. However with the forum-issue, it's not recommended.

Addenster, can you tell me in what file to change the code, so that I can turn of the function to comment on forum feeds?
That would probably be the newsfeed file?
Den Team
Den Jun 29 '11
Sorry, but I can't assist you with this.