We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error:Can't extract plugin archive files [Solved] | Forum

Christer
Christer Oct 16 '13
I get  this when i try to upload plugin. Can't extract plugin archive files.  All is working on site but cant upload any plugins this way.Can use cpanel but there is maybe some one that have a fix?
Try DEBUG mode and nothing show up so any ideas?
The Forum post is edited by Alia Oct 21 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '13
This error means, that script can't extract plugin's archive into ow_plugins folder. Check that FTP user which you  use to add new plugin has enough rights to write into this folder.
Christer
Christer Oct 16 '13
Aha ok I will. But i just deleted one plugin and had to do true log in on ftp and that worked but maybe not same? ok I will contact the host and ask.Thanks Aliia
Christer
Christer Oct 16 '13
I talked to host and checked rights and change to 777 also but still the same issue. They think some issue with the script.
I did a mistake as I deleted plugin blog from cpanel as there was a issue with the new update for blog ,and then I could not get it out from site admin.or update it so i uploaded it direct to cpanel and then I could delete it in proper way from admin but have this issue now every time. Maybe I try to install my latest back up on the site and hope that helps

The Forum post is edited by Christer Oct 16 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 16 '13
Christer, let me know the results.

By the way, do you have a special FTP user for plugin uploads that you use? Or you are using your login/pass for cpanel when entering FTP attributes?
Christer
Christer Oct 16 '13
I use the ftp log/pass same as cpanel
And it works on 6 other sites so not sure what i did wrong here
but good luck i have a back up on all and the day before so no biggie
and that learned me STAY OUT OF FILES AND CPANEL when I dont know what Iam doing LOL
Thanks again Aliia
The Forum post is edited by Christer Oct 16 '13
Christer
Christer Oct 19 '13
Solved with help from dave and Krunch, and also a big help from Altushost and there support team
Alia Team
Alia Oct 21 '13
Christer, do you mind sharing what was causing this?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 21 '13
thank you @dave & @krunch
=)

Christer
Christer Oct 21 '13
I think is was that I change to new vps and this isusse started when i update blog but I cant say 100% as It was to many things but the funny thing it was on 3 sites out of 6 that I just moved so wierd not all hade this iusse.But it works,so far.
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 21 '13

Quote from Aliia Aliia