We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Losing credits - User Credits | Forum

JarekN
JarekN Oct 18 '13
Great idea for a plugin, however it is missing lots of losing credits options. 

Some of the main ones could be: photo viewing, video viewing, reading posts in specific forums...

Another cool option would be to specify where the credits go to - eg if I am viewing another user's photo, the credits could go to that user as a reward...

So what is the chance of you adding any of this functionality?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 21 '13
JarekN,

>>Great idea for a plugin, however it is missing lots of losing credits options.
Some of the main ones could be: photo viewing, video viewing

Those features are already included within the plugin.
Go to the settings of the plugin in admin panel, click on numbers next to, for example, "Add Photo">> set the number to "-10" (minus ten).

Once you add -10, "Add Photo" will be automatically moved down to "Losing Credits" section.
Same applies to all other actions such as "Add video" and etc. Just use numbers with "-"( minus) sign.

>>Another cool option would be to specify where the credits go to - eg if I am viewing another user's photo, the credits could go to that user as a reward...

Thank you for the suggestion.
We will keep this in mind for future updates.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Oct 21 '13
JarekN
JarekN Oct 21 '13
Hi,

I think you didn't understand what I was saying, I want members to get points for uploading photos/videos.  But I also want other members to be charged points any time they look at a photo/video.  This should ensure that all members are staying active and contributing in order to have access to content :)
Obiri Mokini
Obiri Mokini Nov 2 '13
Is it possible to add new item that has just been intalled, and add it to the credit los or credit gain? i.e if i just install adverts plugins and i want users to gain and lose credits by using it?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 6 '13
JarekN, thanks for explaining. Didn't get this right away. Unfrotunately what you would like to achieve requires complex custom code modificaitons.

Obiri Mokini, in this case you will need to edit Advertisement plugin.
You can check how this works by looking at the source code of  any plugin that already has credits system integrated.

Ex:' group' plugin.
 init.php of the  plugin contains following piece of code:

$credits = new GROUPS_CLASS_Credits();
OW::getEventManager()->bind('usercredits.on_action_collect', array($credits, 'bindCreditActionsCollect'));

Same with other plugin files. Check them all  to find how they use User Credits and in similar ( if not exactly the same) manner you can make any plugin work with User Credits.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Nov 6 '13
You do not have permission to reply this topic