We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is the purpose of ow_static/themes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Andrew M
Andrew M Oct 19 '13
So, the themes files in ow_themes get copied to ow_static/themes. Then when you run your site the theme files are pulled from the ow_static/themes folder. The only way these get updated is by turning on developer mode which deletes the theme files from ow_static/themes then grabs the theme files from the ow_themes folder copying them back to ow_static/themes.
What is the purpose of this?
dave Leader
dave Oct 19 '13

This is common practice in the industry, the purpose is to save load time, it is just like the cache on your pc, windows does basically the same thing.   You should look into this  http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/579  instead of always having to change your dev mode.

Just remember if you use this cleaner try not to have your cpanel tabs on the same broswer as your site because it could end your sesson on the cpanel .  When i work online i have my cpanel on FF and then i work in the site on IE to prevent this, it just makes it easier especially if you are making tons of changes. 

If you prefer to use dev mode then i recommend having two entries, set one true and one false, and then just comment out the one you dont need.  Its faster and its easier to type // then take a chance on making a typo when you change one back a forth.

define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);

// define('OW_DEV_MODE', true);

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 19 '13
Andrew M
Andrew M Oct 19 '13
Hmmm.. I must be missing something then. I don't see a difference between the ow_static/themes folder and the ow_themes folder.
ross Team
ross Oct 22 '13
ow_static themes is kind of a working folder for an activated theme on your website, when you activate a theme, it is taken from ow_themes and kind of transfers to ow_static/themes and the website now works with that folder and not ow_themes
dave Leader
dave Oct 22 '13

Adding to what ross said +1 Ross

Andrew you are probably still asking yourself why they are the same.  One reason is that Oxwall may want to leave the door open for future changes.  For example, lets say that Oxwall decided to make those tpl files instead one day.  The foundation is  already there and without having to recreate the whole structure or change the flow they could do that much easier.

It is also much better to have the multiple layers which is why it is so common in the industry.  If someone might happen to somehow change your template files, since they may not be able to also clear your cache or access that second layer then their affect is moot.

IMO it is designed as a security obsticle as well as a platform for the posible future.

I hope that answers your question.  

carson
carson Jun 17 '23

Family, Marriage, and Dissatisfaction. Anthony, the protagonist of “Static,” is a man struggling to negotiate between what his family expects of him and what he wants out of life

carson
carson Jun 19 '23
i want to build new website related to Garage door services can  you help me which theme is good for me thats are help to easy load my new project. Tahnk you
orborneee
orborneee Jul 13 '23
The ow_static/themes directory and the ow_themes directory are two different directories in the Oxwall source code. The ow_static/themes folder contains static files like CSS, JS, and images for Oxwall themes. Meanwhile, Super Mario the ow_themes folder contains PHP files and static files for Oxwall themes

famide
famide Aug 20 '23
You bear through a awesome vacancy. I sanity definitely quarry it moreover personally suggest to my buddys. I am self-possessed they determination be benefited from this scene. goaldaddy
famide
famide Nov 8 '23
This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! Overload Sensors
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 21 '23
We have strong associations with some of the best and renowned manufacturers and dealers of auto glasses and windshields, which makes it easier for our clients to get what they want. Lake Forest Tree Care
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
That’s why we offer suspension service to keep your truck riding like new. Yakima Mobile Truck Repair
macallister
macallister Feb 17
I’m prompted while using the surpassing in addition to preachy checklist you give in such very little timing.επιλεξιμότητα ηλεκτρονικής βίζας για την Ινδία πολίτες του τουρκ κάικο
Mehmood Alam
Mehmood Alam Feb 19
I’m stimulated when using the surpassing together with preachy showing that you choose to create in such bit of timing. Bra wear essentials
carson
carson Feb 20
VC Beast refers to the robust and competitive landscape of venture capital (VC) funding, particularly in the tech industry. It symbolizes the fierce competition among startups to secure investments from venture capitalists, often characterized by intense pitching sessions, negotiations, and high-stakes decisions. In this dynamic ecosystem, startups are vying to catch the attention of top-tier investors, known as "VC beasts," who possess the financial prowess and industry expertise to propel promising ventures to success. The term encapsulates the challenges and opportunities inherent in the pursuit of venture capital funding, where innovative ideas collide with strategic investment decisions, ultimately shaping the future of entrepreneurship and innovation.
madhuri patel
madhuri patel Feb 22
erotic massage in bangalore can be effective in relieving muscle pain and soreness. The massaging action helps to release tension in muscles and may aid in the recovery from muscle injuries.
macallister
macallister Feb 27
This really is therefore stunning as well as innovative. I simply adore the actual colours as well as whomever will get this within the postal mail is going to be grinning. College Dorm Moves
Mehmood Alam
Mehmood Alam Feb 27
Wonderful blog post, resolved to go on and even bookmarked your webblog. As i can’t hold on to enjoy a book alot more as a result of one. 土耳其 大使馆在日本
macallister
macallister Mar 2
This is a brilliant blog! I'm very happy with the comments!.. Best Services
SEO QUEEN
SEO QUEEN Mar 3
Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends. Window Treatments Installation in NYC
Pages: 1 2 »