We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New user spamming everyone in private messages | Forum

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Oct 19 '13
Issere a way to limit a user sending private messages until they have so many posts or whatever?  I discovered that this one clown had sent about every user on the site a private message before being suspended for other things.

Thanks,

Steve

bobbi
bobbi Oct 19 '13
maybe you could create a role for your new members with the private messaging unchecked so they cannot send pms then after the x amount of posts etc you suggest then  change the role to one where private messaging is enabled
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Oct 19 '13
Thanks but can you imagine trying to keep up with that?
Abbey
Abbey Oct 19 '13
I charge 2 credits for sending a PM...... if they don't have any credits they can't PM..
bobbi
bobbi Oct 19 '13
fair point   :) i re read my comment i should of said uncheck pm for your default role,  then change it after hopefully someone else can find a solution for you that will work :)
The Forum post is edited by bobbi Oct 19 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 21 '13
Steve, that user of yours is quite patient giving that he had to enter CAPTCHA for sending out messages.

>>Issere a way to limit a user sending private messages until they have so many posts or whatever?

We don't have a ready solution that could have worked exactly the way you want.
As mentioned by other users you can use user roles and user credits.

Right now users can't sent more then 1 PM in 20 seconds.
So changing 20 seconds to a greater number might work for you, but this will be irritating for other  members who might want to send PMs more often.