We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Message has been removed | Forum

Pete
Pete Oct 19 '13

Message has been removed

The Forum post is edited by Pete Oct 20 '13
Duncan
Duncan Oct 19 '13
Pete, making this post does nothing but make you look selfish.

Many people here need help with Oxwall, that's why they're here, and from what I've seen it takes a considerable amount of time to get any form of help.

With this attitude, you're giving the community a bad name.

It's better to not post at all or report the users if they're causing you trouble.

dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

+1 Duncan

Pete i love ya man... :)  its not easy sometimes we all get frustrated at times.  Talk to the team members about this talk to Aliia or another team member.  But let them now whats going on and try to work it out.   We all need to vent sometimes.    I hope you can work it out and if you need to talk, im around man... :)

At one time in my career (and not proud of it) i worked for AOL CS, i left because i could no longer look at myself in the mirror with pride and a good feeling knowing the BS i had to dish out during the day and the BS AOL forced us to tell their customers...  So i left, forfieted my bonus (blood money) and just walked away.

I tried to make a difference, tried to do what the company wanted me to, and yet be honest and dignafied in the process and help people, but it was all a big lie what they were dishing out.. and i had to get out of there.

I been yelled at, cussed at, hung up on, threatened, my mother talked about, called names, profanity and stuff you cant even imagine.  But you just try do your best and get through it best you can..   Not everyone is going to be a breeze to deal with there are people on this earth that well should stay as far away from computers as possible...   But just like most things in life, if you are able to make it a positive experience in the end, then that is something you can be proud of..

Hope you get it worked out pete... :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 20 '13
Pete
Pete Oct 20 '13
Duncan first I am not selfish ,and second why am I giving the community a bad name ?Some people have terrible attitudes.Many people do need help,but when you get someone with such a bad attitude,it does put you off helping people. . Dave I have sorted this problem out with the staff .Some people or emailing me asking for some help,so instead of keep saying no,i thought this would be better ,posting this message
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

Ok Pete, as we used to say in the army, great plan, poor execution lol....  ok so you had the best of intentions, my apologies of course.   How about in your profile just something like this man.

At this time i am not able to accept PM's for assistance, i apologize but please understand that if you PM me for help i more than likely will not reply.  I have a current challenge that prevents me from replying and i hope you understand.  Thanks Pete..

Would that be better. 

Pete
Pete Oct 20 '13
I suppose it would be better in the long run,has I will probably get people asking for help that fail to read this message .Good thinking Dave(Thanks)
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13
Your welcome Pete, we will miss you around here ya know... :)
Pete
Pete Oct 20 '13
I have been so busy lately Dave,and then on top of that,I am recovering from a bad cold.I have not even bothered with my own website for a few weeks .As soon has Oxwall update,with there mobile,I will be using oxwall again for another site that I have planed.
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

I have 24 sites (down from 32 two years ago) of different breeds and themes so i know what you mean, some get updates some dont for a bit.   I thought diversification would be beneficial, ya know alittle here a little there, but as it turns out i would have been better to just pick 2 or three things and focus on them...  Now im having to close stuff down and it sucks, all that work out the window...

You live and learn..

Hope you feel better, no cold or flu here yet but i know its commen...

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 20 '13
Duncan
Duncan Oct 20 '13
Pete, I wasn't attacking you, I was telling it like it is.

If i made a forum post saying "Right, I don't like any of you, so I'm not going to participate"

Wouldn't you think the same thing?

If you think the community here is bad, trust me, I've been making YouTube Videos since 2008, I've heard every insult there is.

The Forum post is edited by Duncan Oct 20 '13
Pete
Pete Oct 20 '13
I think 2 or 3 sites is more than enough for anyone .Dave how on earth do you manage 24 lol ,its a wonder the stress has not killed you.My next site that I am planning on building is for adopted persons,to help them trace there birth family members,which is something dear to my hart,and I will enjoy doing.I am feeling much better now thanks Dave,i hope no body gets it on this forum ,I have felt bloody awful  lol
Pete
Pete Oct 20 '13
Ducan don`t worry about it,I understand what you were meaning .There is some very nice people that use this forum. I can see how my post would come over to people that or new to the forum.I shall remove the start post of this thread.
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

Thats great Pete, i like that idea and a good cause too.  If you do what you enjoy then its not work.  

How did i manage it, well i almost never slept.  If i did it was that i passed out and then woke up a few hours later and back at it again...  And i have the scares to prove it lol...   I ended up consolidating alot of my blogs using the multi site from WP, that helped a bunch.   And then i just had to start cutting and making the hard choices.  If it was not successful or up to a certain level by a certain time, it got zapped.   Plus after my motorcycle accident i could no longer build motorcycle trailers so i gave that site up...

Eventually i will end up with about 15 and thats as low as i can go and still support my softwares, hosting, and social sites.