We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Strange issue with profile questions [Solved] | Forum

dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

I have been adding some profile questions and it seems i have one question that no matter where i stick it, how many times i delete and recreate it, and what kind of question format i use, it always shows as the country flag and not the yes no or text answers i choose. 

Has anyone else had this issue, its pretty strange..

I know its not the question it self that is not logical.   So it has to be some kind limit in the script im thinking that it reverts back to country for some reason. 

I have tried drop down, multiple choice, radio, yes no, everything but just a text box and all of them come back with the country flag...

thanks

UPDATE:

strange, i did this 5 or 6 times before i did this thread and it did not work, and so now i go to build a screen shot break down so you can see the process and it works lmao....

Its like a rattle in your car, it never rattles when you take it to the shop to get the rattle fixed lol

OH BOY!!

The Forum post is edited by Alia Oct 24 '13
Abbey
Abbey Oct 20 '13
Maybe it was a cache issue?
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

nope still occuring...

and i did clear my cache both ways every time

I also just ran a test on the DB and that was good.

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 20 '13
Abbey
Abbey Oct 20 '13
weird.... I had a glitch with my questions when I tried using the country flags plugin... it turned all my q's with text fields for answers into country flags
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

yeah check this out...

Yep when i delete the first one the other one keeps its value until i edit it, then it goes back to the flag.

I will deactivate that plugin to see if its a conflict..   did you ever get yours fixed or just not use it.

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 20 '13
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

Good call Abbey :) nice... the deactivate worked... guess its time to contact the dev on this one... thanks  

What is strange i that i have plenty of other radio and drop down questions and they are fine.  Maybe it is some kind of array limitation or something on the plugin side.

I did find the reason by the way, the dev does a preg match on the input pattern to find the country question and compares it to the question name but somewhere in the preg match, which is the wrong way to do this, it grabs both values.   So thats why so many questions were being replaced with the flag in Abbey's  case because if it was <input then it had a good chance to be replace with a flag.

I dont think (im not sure yet) i will spend the time to fix it though,  Puru has a really good one that is top notch so i might just get that one, or i might fiddle with this one and get it working.. who knows... Its an anything can happen sunday lol..

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 21 '13
dave Leader
dave Oct 20 '13

Team please move this item to the store section or where you think best, its not a ox bug.. thanks..

"text removed as i was wrong"

Im sure the dev cares about this so i have contacted him as well, he seems like a good guy and i know this will be resolved in a pos way.. ;)

dave Leader
dave Oct 21 '13

Update: i do need to eat some crow here on one thing... i was wrong about the uninstall process.  I had assumed that the delete option was available after deactavation.  It appears that the delete option is only visable when plugins are live, which i dont understand that but that is the way other plugins seem to be.

So i did uninstall it on another site and yes that part of it works.  I have removed my text above and i do apolgize for getting that part of it wrong..   There still needs to be a fix for the preg match process but im sure that will be done in a pos way...

something like this would work with the country array he already has set up

$country
= geoip_country_code_by_name('ip address here');
if (
$country) {
echo
'This host is located in: ' . $country;
}

Alia Team
Alia Oct 22 '13
Dave, so it is an issue with CountryFlag plugin?

dave Leader
dave Oct 22 '13

Yes Aliia, its the plugin not Oxwall..

Alia Team
Alia Oct 24 '13
Ah, ok. I have seen that you have created the topic on plugin's forum. So I will leave this one here.