We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email is Bugging out ! | Forum

John Michaels
John Michaels Oct 20 '13
Okay !
So I go to send a mass email to everyone incuding myself  and oxwall mass message is sending out 100 emails per person !!!!!
Whats up with that !!!!!!

John Michaels
John Michaels Oct 20 '13
Here is the command for the cron from my server ( he disabled it ) :
Hello,

Here is the cron job that is commented out of your crontab:
* * * * * wget -q -O /dev/null http://mywebaddress.com/oxwall/ow_cron/run.php

Thanks,

and here are the last few lines of the actual errors :

[20-Oct-2013 22:45:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method OW_Config::getConfig() in /home/******/public_html/oxwall/ow_plugins/mailchimp/cron.php on line 36
[20-Oct-2013 23:45:04 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method OW_Config::getConfig() in /home/*****/public_html/oxwall/ow_plugins/mailchimp/cron.php on line 36
[21-Oct-2013 00:46:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method OW_Config::getConfig() in /home/******/public_html/oxwall/ow_plugins/mailchimp/cron.php on line 36
[21-Oct-2013 01:48:03 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method OW_Config::getConfig() in /home/******/public_html/oxwall/ow_plugins/mailchimp/cron.php on line 36

Can you tell me what is going wrong here ?

John

Alia Team
Alia Oct 21 '13
John,

1. Regarding errors, contact developer of Mailchimp plugin.

2. Errors might or might not be connected to your issues. In case errors are not connected to mailchimp plugin:

a) 100 emails per person- can you confirm that you checked this for at least 2 users?
  b) Does this happen to your site's admin email as well?
  c) Admin panel>>settings>>main settings>> site email . Do you use the email specified here for one of your users?
 d) Go to your database>>ow_base_mail table, what do you see here? Anything suspicious? Like all rows dealing with same email address?
 e) Are you using SMTP?
John Michaels
John Michaels Oct 21 '13

Quote from Aliia John,

1. Regarding errors, contact developer of Mailchimp plugin.

2. Errors might or might not be connected to your issues. In case errors are not connected to mailchimp plugin:

a) 100 emails per person- can you confirm that you checked this for at least 2 users?
  b) Does this happen to your site's admin email as well?
  c) Admin panel>>settings>>main settings>> site email . Do you use the email specified here for one of your users?
 d) Go to your database>>ow_base_mail table, what do you see here? Anything suspicious? Like all rows dealing with same email address?
 e) Are you using SMTP?

Yes checked for about 8 people ( it was actually about 28 emails per person though  , I said 100 cause i was so angry at that very moment ) I got emails from a couple of users that were not happy about it.

I dont use site email at all usually ( meaning mailbox in oxwall )

Nothing suspicious in database

I use smtp in Oxwall only for mass mailings ( well not now since it is shut off )

Alia Team
Alia Oct 22 '13
John, the same issue with emails has been reported by several users.
Unfortunately until now we were not able to find out what exactly is causing this issue.

When you click "Send" while sending out mass mailing, data is sent over to the "ow_base_mail" database table. When CRON runs, system "kicks out" all those emails from this table to the mail servers. At this stage  Oxwall no longer has control over what is happening with emails.

Our assumption is that the issue is within your mail server or within mail client your site users use.

There is always chance that indeed the issue is with Oxwall. Therefore we will be glad to check whether everything is ok up to the moment when emails disappear from ow_base_mail table.

To check we need access details to your control panel ( database) and admin panel.

Pat
Pat Mar 2 '16
[02-Mar-2016 05:51:05 Canada/Eastern] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method OW_Config::getConfig() in /home/pabeau/public_html/ow_plugins/mailchimp/cron.php on line 36
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '16
The error is related to the mailchimp plugin, contact plugin developer to resolve the issue.