We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Remove everything related to join | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
christian noone
christian noone Oct 21 '13
Hey guys

i don't want any members to be able to join my site as im using it for something completely different in a social way, but would like guest able to post comments instead. how do you remove all the join links and everything related to??

i removed the widget but still have the button at the top in the header regardless of the theme you are using, and would like that gone also because when you click on it, just says in blank text sign ups are disabled or something like that, so i dont want it even bringing a page up saying that and ruining the rest of the site.

thanx :)

ross Team
ross Oct 22 '13
You can arrange so that guest won't be able to join your website, but you can't make it so guests are able to post comments - this is custom code modification. 
christian noone
christian noone Oct 22 '13
thanx ross :) is there a way to remove the sign in and join buttons at the top right?
Stas
Stas Oct 23 '13
There are several different ways.

Try doing this via .php
As usually
1. Make a back up of the file you are going to edit and save to your computer
2. All changes done within the source code will be erased if you update the software, so keep track of what and where you are changing.

File you will need to edit is: ow_system_plugins/base/classes/console_event_handler.php

You will need to delete the code  within the green box ( see screenshot) and replace it by the code within the red box.

So as a result you should have:

Save the changes and you are done =)
Be very careful, don't delete any { } signs by mistake.
If your site gets messed up, use the back up file you have made and try editing again.
The Forum post is edited by Stas Oct 23 '13
Stas
Stas Oct 23 '13
I have attached the file you should have after all changes are done.
If you are going to just replace your file by mine, rename it to console_event_handler.php

Attachments:
  console_event_handler.txt (4.36Kb)