We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Big issue after any plugin update | Forum

Comedian
Comedian Oct 23 '13
Hi

After I install any plugin update, the site graphics and any change made to headers and colors return to the original visuals of the original theme. This is not happening when I install a new plugin, only at updates
I use the City theme.

Any ideas?
fbkca
fbkca Oct 23 '13
Do you have DEV mode on?
Comedian
Comedian Oct 23 '13

Quote from fbkca Do you have DEV mode on?

I just changed the DEV MODE to "true", cleared my cache, but I don´t see any difference.
The Forum post is edited by Comedian Oct 23 '13
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13

try clearing your dns cache... 

commad prompt  ipconfig /flushdns  

let us know

Comedian
Comedian Oct 23 '13

Quote from dave

try clearing your dns cache... 

commad prompt  ipconfig /flushdns  

let us know

Thaks Dave, I did that also but the issue remains.
fbkca
fbkca Oct 23 '13
Strange... I see that issue occasionally, only when I have DEV mode turned on... 
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13
and its the same on all three browsers, IE, FF, Chrome?
Comedian
Comedian Oct 23 '13

Quote from dave and its the same on all three browsers, IE, FF, Chrome?

Yes, and also using different computers

strange uh?
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13
i wonder if your update got corrupted somehow... are you able to restore and repeat?
Comedian
Comedian Oct 23 '13

Quote from dave i wonder if your update got corrupted somehow... are you able to restore and repeat?

This is the third time that happens, I always end up re-uploading headers, images and css
The truth is if we can´t get this fixed I may not be able to upgrade any plugins in the future, at least until Oxwall 1.6
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13

I just read your original post again,  are you making custom changes to the headers, css and such, if so, then yes when you run an update on the theme it will overwrite those changes.  Sorry i missed that before, i was like duh lol...

This is why we ask people to make sure with custom changes that you make notes...  Sorry i did not catch that earlier..

Plugins are different...  

dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13
nevermind im not reading things right grrrrrr wait let me think
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13

check he following

ow_pluginfiles 777

ow_userfiles 777

ow_static 777

...  ow_static/plugins  777

...  ow_static/themes 777

check your cPanel error log too

The Forum post is edited by dave Oct 23 '13
Comedian
Comedian Oct 23 '13

Quote from dave

check he following

ow_pluginfiles 777

ow_userfiles 777

ow_static 777

...  ow_static/plugins  777

...  ow_static/themes 777

check your cPanel error log too

Ok I changed the permissions, but I think we will know only the next time I run a plugin upgrade.
Thanks a lot for all the assitance Dave!
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13
Your welcome, and sorry for being alittle off today, i have a medical procedure tomorrow and im having to fast, so not only am i starving but im also very tired but i cant sleep cause i have to drink fluids all day grrrrrr..   I swear this eraser on the end of my pencil is starting to look like a cheeseburger lol..
Comedian
Comedian Oct 23 '13

Quote from dave Your welcome, and sorry for being alittle off today, i have a medical procedure tomorrow and im having to fast, so not only am i starving but im also very tired but i cant sleep cause i have to drink fluids all day grrrrrr..   I swear this eraser on the end of my pencil is starting to look like a cheeseburger lol..

Little off? Dude, you rock!
Good luck tomorrow!
dave Leader
dave Oct 23 '13
:) ty